I have been traveling to Lake Placid , and other areas in the North Country ( Adirondack Park ) all my life. I have stayed everywhere from a lowly motel to the most high profile of the hotels. The Paradox Lodge is the real thing. I have had the pleasure of staying there many times and have never been disappointed.
It has more luxurious rooms than any hotel can give you, the acknowledged best food (by Trip Advisor), and the ambiance of truly being an Adirondack Lodge. I know it is very confusing when motels and rooming houses call themselves Inns. Impersonal multimillion dollar national operations call themselves a Lodge and only GOD knows what a Hotel is? Also, isn’t it a fact that imitation is greatest form of a compliment. Red and Nan didn’t just quit their day jobs, they have been doing this all their lives!
The Paradox of this place is …you get the best appointed rooms, bedding to die for, gorgeous art work and Adirondack furniture actually crafted by your host! Only steps from main street Lake Placid , a gorgeous view of Whiteface Mountain , direct access to Lake Placid which is not readily available to the public. The personal attention of the proprietors, and five star dinning on the premises. It is no wonder Rachel Ray so strongly endorsed Paradox Lodge on her Tasty Travels show for FoodTV.
After a trip to the top of Whiteface why on earth would you want to stay in any other place? In a hotel when you close the door you could be in Any Town USA, but at the Paradox you know you are in the Adirondacks !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradox Lodge and Cedar Lodge guest rooms all have private bath and rates include a full breakfast that is cooked to order. The Cedar Lodge rooms all have king amenities with the Pisgah and Jenkins rooms having gas fireplaces and decks. All guests have access to the lake front and free boats. Breakfast is served in the dining room in the main lodge (Paradox). We also have a full bar and guests can relax in the living room in front of the fireplace. Our restaurant now serves private dinner parties and special events with advance notice and a minimum of six guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Paradox Lodge & Cedar Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradox Lodge & Cedar Hotel Lake Placid
- Paradox Lodge And Cedar Lodge