“Very disapointed”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a terrible experience at this restaurant. We wanted to have pasta for diner since we were going hiking the next day so we chose this Italian restaurant. The place is very small and there are not many tables with a nice view of the Lake.

We had lasagne which was the worst lasagna I ever had. The meal is actually sort of a processed piece of meatloaf surrounded by a few pasta slices, some tomato sauce and very little cheese. I needed to use the knife to cut the meat piece it was so compact. We got some wine and it was way to warm.

They served us bread in a basket, but we had not plates on the table. My daughter got butter and crumbles all over the table. I had to ask for a plate for her bread.

The service was okay, but the food was horrible.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We got two large pizzas - takeout, as they don't deliver. One was some special with a variety of toppings and the other was a three-topping (pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper). They were expensive (close to $50 for the two!) but after 5 of us had dinner, we still had enough left over for lunch the next day. That takes a bit of the sting out of the price.

The pizzas were OK, that's all. The crusts weren't all that crispy as others have written, the toppings weren't bland as others have written. They were decent pizzas, enjoyable, no complaints other than the price, which is probably in the right ballpark for a place on the main drag in Lake Placid.

We had phoned in our order and it was ready when they said it would be ready.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We sat outdoors overlooking Mirror Lake - great view. Restaurant was full inside and outdoor tables were 2/3 full. As we waited for our apps, we noticed a line up forming outside.
Our garlic bread with cheese was very good and cheesy. Our mains came with a fresh green salad. Portion of pasta dishes was generous. Hubby ate his but I took half my baked ziti to go.
I would defs go back again. We also had 1 beer and 1/2 carafe of wine for $60 plus tip.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to Ere's twice now (several years apart). The view is fantastic but the food is just so blah. They hire Italian waitresses for the summer and I feel like that is a terribly mean trick :) The pizza crust is decent, very crisp. The toppings are just so tasteless. The other foods (salads, mozzarella sticks, etc.) are just bagged/frozen items. Both times I have been there, they weren't very busy which is why they were chosen because everything else was packed (but we all know the adage: if a restaurant isn't busy when others are, that's not a good sign).

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband goes to Ere's after every hiking trip with his buddies and is still drooling when he comes home to tell me about his pizza on the trip. So on our recent trip up to the ADK together, I had to make a stop as well. I was not disappointed we just got a cheese & pepperoni pizza but it was perfectly cooked and completely satisfying, from the thin crust to the perfectly melted cheese :) We also enjoyed sitting outside and enjoying the view of Mirror Lake.