“Interesting reviews”

Milano North
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: NYTimes recommended Northern Italian bistro seating 110 guests featuring open kitchen design to accommodate wood-fired oven pizzas, freshly-prepared homemade pastas and entrees using only the finest of local ingredients. Outdoor dining available with choice between patio dining and/or casual cocktails near an open fire pit with couches. Large party accommodations available with enclosure. Located in the heart of Lake Placid village, Milano North offers a warm and contemporary Adirondack ambience, overlooking Main St.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

You may had read some of my other reviews on TA, We were in LP for new years week.
crazy busy, most resturants dont take reservations , very few do, this palce does. we went around 8 pm and were asked if we had a reservation, lucky for us there was one open table.
nice looking place , open feel not so cozy,whatever.
WAY too many kids with sippy cups going nuts. no parental control whatsoever. decent wine list and good pasta dishes with rich flavor(chicken alfredo).Now heres the bad part ,allthough the pizza menu is decent the OVEN IS NOT HOT ENOUGH, we are from NYC and know wood, coal fired ovens need to be in excess of 700-800 degrees, tasty pies however the crust on everyone's pie was not crispy.slightly pricy but just ok.Oh this is kinda interesting, Stephen was our server and we read another review who bashed him, kinda funny he was short with us too, seemed annoyed, kinda slow in noting our needs maybe he had a really bad day for the other couple that bashed him, we did notice his lack of his lust for his career, maybe he should take up another line of work. im done , on to the next review
Rick

1  Thank Rick L

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Attentive staff made our visit memorable. Restaurant is located on second floor, near public parking. Extensive wine/bar menu - we ordered a local brew and a glass of Chianti. My salad of the day was not as great as I had hoped for, but our meals were very nice.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After a COLD day of skiing on Whiteface Mountain, my wife and I decided to brave the village if Lake Placid with our three kids ages 5-13. Italian food is always a family favorite, so we chose Milano North on Main Street.

It is a very nice looking restaurant and the service was very friendly. Although there are no children's menus (nb, this also means no paper and crayons to keep children entertained, so bring your own), the restaurant happily made a plain cheese pizza and pasta with marinara sauce for our children. Both my wife and I loved our meals. They had a decent wine list by the glass and almost a dozen good beer selections plus a full bar with an extensive "martini" list.

All in all, it was a great meal for my tired family and we would definitely go back on our next trip to Lake Placid.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ate at Milano's this evening after making our reservation over a month ago as we also went to see "Stars on Ice" (great show). We waited over an hour for our salads, although tasty, we were glad we didn't order dinner or we might have missed our show. Not the best experience we may not return.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We dined here Thursday evening at 7pm without a reservation & were seated after a 5 minute wait. The hostess was professional & friendly. The 3 of us were seated at a nice table that gave us a nice view of the holiday windows & the cozy interior of the restaurant. I loved the decor & was glad that we weren't sitting under the beautiful, yet dangerous looking tree limbs over diners heads. The place felt warm & inviting & every table was full.
My husband ordered hanger steak ( with tasty garlic mashed potatoes), I had veal piccata (which was cooked & seasoned perfectly, even pounded nice & thin), 6 yr old had spaghetti with olive oil. We shared a pear & goat cheese salad which didn't have any dressing on it. After trying to flag down the server numerous times, we requested oil & basalmic vinegar which she promptly brought to us & even removed the salad off of our bill which was never a concern to us. That is what I call proactive. After asking about how long the restaurant had been here & inquiring about business I discovered a little more about Lake Placid. The young brunette server was attentive, professional, informative, & friendly- nothing like the comparison to the server at Fireside restaurant. We will definitely be returning, with reservations, & a request to sit in our friendly server's section the next time we dine.

1  Thank OneHarlemMom