“Best Food in Lake Placid!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Interlaken Inn and Restaurant

Interlaken Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Best Food in Lake Placid!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

While asking a local for dinner reco's he mentioned the Interlaken Inn. My husband and I walked to the inn and were able to get a table in the pub with no reservations. (how fortunate!) The food was incredible, beyond delicious! The salad; locally grown arugula with blue cheese, fresh figs, cherries and rhubard vinegarette was delightful. I had the fish tacos which were very flavorful! Hubs had a tender filet which he proclaimed, "one of the top 5 steaks he has ever tasted in his 63 years!" Great wine list and a unforgettable piece of cheesecake with blueberry sauce for dessert! The next time we visit Lake Placid we will be staying at the Interlaken!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Northern New Jersey
“Great food.....surly waiter.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our evening started out in the bar where we met Krista and Mark who couldn't have been more gracious and kind. Unfortunately when we were seated we encountered the rudest waiter I have ever had. There was a private party occupying the whole dining room and I believe he was miffed that he had to take care of us (on the porch) and work the party too. Anyway, the food was outstanding and we didn't let rude David ruin our evening. I do think the management should wise up and get rid of a guy that could potentially harm their business.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
québec
“Excellent dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Quiet sector of the main street. Very nice inn. Loved the wine selection. Very nice wine cave, worth a view. As mentionned before, two menus, both interesting ! Had the veal, very tender, cooked to perfection, sauce was delicious as were the pureed cauliflower. Nice little garden ouside. Merci Olivier ! (who found this place and took me there) Could be great for a romantic dinner, or a private group dinner. Would definately go again !!

Rodman, New York
“The best place in Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is amazing, the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. There were two rooms to choose from for dinner. A more formal side and the side on the pub. We were offered both menus and could mix foods from both, which we did. We choose to eat on the pub side since we were not dressed up too much but it really would not of mattered both sides seemed informal. The wine list was great, lots of really good wines to choose from and there were many draft beers as well. We had an appetizer of crab cakes that was prefect for sharing as we got two (most places only give you one). I had a salmon dish that was wonderful. My son had a petite filet that was also very good. The staff were great and took us on a tour of the whole place. The best kept secret is the wine cellar. There is a bar and a area for private parties. We also looked at the rooms and they were very nice. We have stayed at most places in Lake Placid before, all the common ones that are more advertized and that you hear about but this is the place to stay. It offers a quiet quaint almost nostalgic atmosphere. The staff were so friendly to take us around and explain the history and even some of the decorating methods. I would highly recommend this place especially if you want a personal touch and experience.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester NY
“VERY uneven”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The venue: We were seated close to the bar in a booth that faced a second booth - I was facing a stranger - tables were just far enough apart to accomodate a server. While we politely ignored each other, it was a little disconcerting. The fire in the lovely wait area was down to a few embers - not very cosy. Tables on the opposite side of the bar are quite close together.

The drink: Great wine list including a nice list of half-bottles. Good Saranac sodas. Weird cocktails - I'm not into candy-apple martinis.

The food: my husband had lamb lollipops for a starter - he raved. I had a good spinach salad. My entree was the chicken pot pie - it was billed as the last night for this dish - from an April review, I see that is not so... It was good. My husband had the blackend tilapia. A very thin piece of fish but ok. Dessert is where things really fell apart. They were out of their maple bread pudding so we asked for a recommendation. "Phyllo wrapped creme brulee!" our server enthusiastically replied. What arrived was a phyllo-wrapped mess. It had been baked - so that the custard turned to sauce. When the phyllo was opened, the former creme brulee leaked all over the plate. It was impossible to eat and VERY unappetizing.

Overall, I don't think we would return.

• Visited March 2013