“Breakfast is a must!”
Review of Kanu Lounge

Kanu Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kanu Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 86
Description: Join executive Chef Adam Bechard and the culinary team in Kanu for their take on eclectic New American cuisine; seasonal ingredients with a union of flavors complimented by a distinct presentation.
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Breakfast is extraordinarily good - we are excited to get up every morning to try something different. Room service was also yummy - burgers and turkey sandwiches. There bread is out of this world, as is their fresh creamery butter and syrup. Enjoy!

1  Thank TopAnd2K

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Great food, large portions. We went with friends and they loved it. Also kid friendly without being too basic. The wine list offered new york options and the staff was very helpful in warning us not to over order (which we did anyway, it all sounded so good). Would go back next trip.

1  Thank alexandhoney
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This restaurant is in a very traditional style Adirondack lodge. The dining room is like a great hall with log beams, mounted hunting trophies, big fireplaces and large furniture. There is a view looking out onto Whiteface Mountain. So the atmosphere is quite stunning, but you go to a restaurant to eat and while the food was good, it wasn't outstanding. The market specials were better than the menu item I had which the wait staff recommended, but which I thought was so-so. They didn't get our dessert order right, but other than that the service was good. Not the best place we went to in Lake Placid. I expected better given the upscale venue and prices.

1  Thank nancynj
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I needed an ATM to get cash to pay for my $12.00, 10 Oz??? Bloody Mary. Obtw, this was even after I was asked if I wanted Ketel 1 or Grey Goose and I said, just the House Vodka please, after all, we are talking about a Bloody.

1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We went to Kanu last night for our engagement dinner. We were a group of 6 and we all enjoyed our dinner. The atmosphere in the great restaurant can't be beat. The woodwork from top to bottom is stunning. The service was prompt and professional and the food was definitely a treat. I ordered the lobster and crab cake and it was delicious. My fiance ordered the filet and savored every morsel. After dinner we went to the pub area and had a glass of wine and got to enjoy the live music which finished off the night beautifully!!! We will, for sure, be back!!

1  Thank Denali1

Been to Kanu Lounge? Share your experiences!