“10-year anniversary massage extravaganza”

Lake Placid Speedy Spa
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went to Lake Placid for our 10-year anniversary this past weekend, and really wanted to spoil ourselves. We booked 5 different sessions (10 total treatments), and were thrilled each time. The rooms were quiet, comfortable and spacious, and the treatments were of the highest caliber. I usually have a problem asking for deeper work, but I had no problems here. We had deep tissue massage, reflexology, stress buster, and each time was great.

We joked that we spent more awake time at Speedy Spa than at our B&B! We looked at various spas in the area, and if you do the math and want to focus on your treatments (as opposed to the high-end spa ambience), this is tough to beat. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Lake Placid Speedy Spa

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I both got two 80 minute deep tissue massages and I got a facial during our recent four night stay at the Whiteface Lodge. We are self-proclaimed deep tissue massage junkies and nothing is more disappointing than a bad massage (you deep tissue junkies know what I mean). We wanted to get two massages each during our long weekend away and didn't want to pay the prices at the spa at Whiteface Lodge. Speedy Spa is located across the street from Whiteface Lodge and we walked there both times. The place is decorated in a somewhat eclectic manner and I was concerned when we walked in that perhaps I had made a mistake. But in fact it turned out to be the best decision of our trip! We both had excellent massages on both visits. I had Marcy and my husband had Claire. Claire resolved a hamstring issue that had been bothering my husband for a year. He hasn't had any pain in his leg since his massage. I also had a facial with Marcy which was great too and I loved the products they used. As an added bonus, everyone there was fun and upbeat. Marcy and Claire even spent some time helping us decide what to do in the rain and gave us an excellent recommendation for a wonderful dinner. If you don't need steam or sauna and are more interested in an excellent massage at a reasonable price, skip the pricey places and go to Speedy Spa. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you want a massage while in Lake Placid and don't want to waste money on overpriced resort spa rates then this is the place to go! We booked a couples massage, the staff were friendly and attentive. The spa rooms are ok, nothing to be thrilled about, but clean and unique. Will come here again in the future!

1  Thank valeriyguy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My nine-year-old daughter and I went to Speedy Spa for pedicures last week. We stopped by in the morning and were able to get appointments for that afternoon. The decor was fun and upbeat. The staff was friendly, fun and experienced. We can't wait to go back next year!

1  Thank BreFri
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is not really a speedy place like the name but a friendly local spa where things are done the old fashioned way, not a bad thing. No high speed whirlpools here but a caring and friendly personal luxurious foot treatment that will leave you absolutely pretty and refreshed.