“Couldn't be better”

Ranked #4 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Holland
“Couldn't be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a (two-day) great stay at the Town House Lodge. This fine little motel is at walking distance from downtown Lake Placid. Not tot big, but cosy. We had a surprisingly huge room though, nicely decorated and very clean, with a small kitchen unit. Very comfortable and also very affordable. And with international allure! The staff is friendly. It was for us the perfect place - not in the busy crowd, but also not in the middle of nowhere. Couldn't be better. Our best stay during our 2 weeks roadtrip in North East.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruud60

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pequea Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I cannot say enough how impressed I was from the moment we arrived at Town House Lodge in Lake Placid. We stayed a 3 day weekend and every single thing about Town House Lodge was superb! The friendliest check in ever, no hassles, perfect communication from the moment we got our confirmation emailed. We now have found our place to stay in Lake Placid each year. Delicious coffee every morning within a few feet of our door, a friendly inn keeper, I was so impressed I don't know how else to express it in words. It was the best hotel experience we have ever had, and we have stayed in lot's that's for sure! Clean, comfy, excellent. I heard horror stories all weekend about the other "dumps" people were staying in......and I just smiled and thought.....we were the very lucky ones.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

The town and Olympic village are an easy 3-4 block walk from this property. Rooms were extremely clean; heat very efficient which was welcome since we were there on a very cold new years' eve weekend. We were a big group and a community room was made available to us -- very nice. The couple in charge made it feel more like a bed & breakfast than a lodge. Parking is right outside the room like a motel, but at least it's free. Only negative is that amenities like shampoo, soap are very sparse so bring your own. Other than that, a good deal and very convenient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Four of us stayed there for a 3 day weekend. We have stayed there before, on a few occasions and it is always a joy to go back. This is very clean, comfortable, safe and conveniant accomodation for a reasonable price in Lake Placid. The individuals at the front desk are extremely helpful. The rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the parking is excellent. We have a motorcycle and we are sure it is safe in the parking. Addtionally, the lodge (more like a motel) is nicely located within walking distance to the main street in Lake Placid, with the restaurants and stores. I would recommand it to families anytime. I would also recommend it to couples that are looking for a quiet retreat at a resonable price for a weekend. A charming motel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I went to Lake Placid for a quick trip with my boyfriend and his 2 kids after a college visit in the area. I called the Townhouse lodge to book a room and a woman answered. I asked about reservations and she very sharply said "Well I need to know when!" so I told her it was for the upcoming weekend and she said "We have a 2 night minimum" and hung up on me. Granted I DID only want one night but she never even asked me if I wanted 1 night or 2. So I went to work on line trying to find something. I found a website where it allowed me to book one night at the same place (very annoying that I couldn't just do it on the phone) so I booked it online. The online booking said "2 adults max" but never said anything about the kids. (They brought sleeping bags to sleep on the floor). So we get up there and while the kids and i are stretching our legs, my boyfriend checks us in at the main house. He gets they key and we head into the room to unpack.

The good part. The room was immaculate. It was SUPER SUPER clean. The bathroom was more spacious than I thought it would be and the beds were the cleanest I have seen. I always check for bed bugs and this place was SPOTLESS. it's definitely a standard, basic hotel room, but the small flat screen TV was a nice touch and I could not get over how clean it was. The air conditioning worked amazing too! The room was actually COLD by morning - it was great! The room darkening curtains were excellent too as we don't get up until around 9 so that was nice. Again, I simply can't say enough about how immaculate this place was. You want clean, go here.

So after we unload, we head outside to see the sites. A lady comes charging up the hill from the main house and practically yells at us "Are those kids in your party?!" We said they were and she said "There's an extra charge for them!". So my boyfriend politely says "Oh, I didn't know that. " And she just gives him this look like he was lying to her. Very strange, rude and embarrassing as lots of guests were outside their rooms relaxing on their motel chairs. We tell her we'll catch up with her when we get back and she's barks at us that we are also in the wrong parking spot. YIKES!

Anyway, we get back and he goes in to pay the difference for the kids. All that for another $10. Not even per kid, just a total of $10.

I would stay there again because it was so clean and a convenient location but whoever that lady is (I think she may own the place) needs a serious customer service attitude adjustment. My rating of "Very good" is SOLELY based on location and cleanliness, not friendliness.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DKTravel2
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Rooms are impeccable. Same confort as a four star hotel. Operated, cleaned, maintained by owners. They are very friendly and HELPFULL in what ever we need. We just feel like staying at his motel every time we go in Lake Placid. We strongly recommend this nice little cute motel to every one.

We stayed there many times

Two musical biker ladies

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed in one of their apartment/cottage rental (Alpine Vacation rentals) at the entrance of town. It is tucked away in a little lane just next after the Alpine Motor Inn on the way into town, and is just a short 5min walk to the bulk of the shops on Main street.

We rented the 2-bedroom unit at the end of June, which cost $225/night. The rooms were spacious, each with their own TV and as nice as the more expensive B&Bs in the area. The kitchen was well-equipped and there were plenty of tables and chairs inside and outside of the unit. The units look relatively new and the decor is cosy. The only bad point was the poor wifi reception in unit itself but otherwise we had a great stay.

Definitely worth staying here especially if you are a group of adults that require 2 or more rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family