Don't let some of the guest photos scare you. Some of them make the place look a little creepy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Whiteface Lodge is a beautiful hotel with a great Adirondack style. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. We generally stay at a Four Seasons or Park Hyatt and this hotel, while maybe not exactly on that level, compares well. It does seem a bit geared more towards family and children so it might not be the best romantic getaway.
A couple of issues I did have were with the pool area and food. You're pretty much alone at the pool with no staff around. It would have been nice to have a bar available and maybe a grill, even if for just burgers or hot dogs, etc. You have to use the phone to call the hotel to have food, drinks delivered. The clubhouse attached to the pool is an event space that was abandoned the whole time we were there. It just didn't have that welcome and active feel.
While the food was excellent, there aren't any other options available. The main restaurant, bar and pool call-in all are the same menu. Some variety would have been welcome.
Overall, the Whiteface Lodge was better than expected. It's not right in town but there is a shuttle available. We walked into town both days but it isn't exactly an easy walk. The lake front space owned by the hotel is on the way to town and makes a great stop for the walk. I don't imagine staying anywhere else if we find ourselves back in beautiful Lake Placid. Looking forward to seeing it in the fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge