I'm not much of a winter girl, but this hotel makes me look forward to next year's ski season! It was gorgeous, comfortable, and in a perfect location. The bed was luxurious with multiple down pillows per person. There is so much to do in the vicinity of Lake Placid with a quaint town to shop in and just about every winter sport imaginable at your finger tips. Everything is a short driving distance away from this hotel. And when you return from your day on the slopes or in town, it's like returning home. We had a complimentary breakfast each day which was fabulous. My only complaint is that their one restaurant is pricey and does not have much "standard fare" for kids who are too old for the little kid menu. There are plenty of other restaurants in town to choose from though and this was made up for by the indoor/outdoor pools and spa, game room and ice cream parlor, movie theater and bowling (which was unfortunately not in service when we were there.) Staff was extremely accommodating. A must stay for families looking for a fantastic winter getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge