As we were roasting s'mores over an open campfire at The Whiteface Lodge, I chatted with a young couple who confessed that this was their sixth stay at the resort. Wow! That right there tells you something about this wonderful resort.
My husband and I had never vacationed in the Adirondacks but jumped at the chance when my parents offered to watch the kids for a long weekend. While we aren't spa people, but we used as many excellent resort amenities as we could including: the pool/hot tub, bowling alley, game room, kayaks, roasting s'mores and full breakfast. Our room was luxurious with a wonderful bed. I loved that we could open the windows and patio doors to let fresh air in the room. The staff was very helpful in planning bike rides, hikes and kayak trips. Overall, the Whiteface Lodge far exceeded our expectations. We are contemplating bringing the kids for a few days during winter vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge