Although I did not stay overnight at the Lodge, I wanted to share my recent experience of touring the property for my upcoming wedding.
My mother and I stopped by the Lodge, unannounced and without an appointment, to see if we could take a quick peek inside. (We were staying in the area and thought it looked beautiful.) When we pulled up, we told the valet that we were hoping just to take a look at the property, briefly and informally, for a wedding. The valet said, "of course," and offered to park our car for us. As we walked into the Lodge, we were met by a gentleman who held the door open for us and asked if he could be of service. We explained the nature of our visit, and he introduced himself as the general manager of the property, Mr. Pulito. He said it would be his pleasure to personally show us the property and provide us with any information we might need for a wedding.
We had not budgeted for a full tour and had another appointment within the hour, so Mr. Pulito offered for us to return that afternoon, at our convenience, for lunch and a tour. I cannot express adequately the professionalism and salesmanship exhibited by Mr. Pulito during the afternoon. He was courteous, gracious and generous - treating us to lunch and leaving no stone unturned. We viewed the entire property, including the reception venue. Following the tour, we promptly received a follow-up email from Mr. Pulito and a phone call from the wedding coordinator.
Although I have not finalized my wedding plans, I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Pulito and his amazing staff. I consistently stay at 5-star hotels and resorts, and I cannot say enough great things about the service we received during our afternoon at the Lodge.
Plus, it's a beautiful location to boot - it would make an amazing location for a winter wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge