1,355 results
All reviews bowling alley movie theater kanu restaurant the indoor outdoor pool kanu lounge bedroom suite the ice cream parlor washer dryer full kitchen games room turn down service valet service heated floors free popcorn cookies skating rink air hockey
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I just returned from a two-night stay at the Whiteface Lodge this weekend. I was truly impressed with how it lived up to all the rave reviews it has received in the press. It’s a beautiful property that is clean, comfortable and has every amenity you could want. Our two-bedroom suite was huge and little details like cookies on the pillow as part of their turndown service really help you understand that they know how to take care of their guests. It’s a great place for families and there are plenty of activities for the kids as well as for the adults. And I would highly recommend The Whiteface Lodge Spa to anyone seeking a peaceful retreat. The Whiteface Lodge can cater to your every need. But don’t eat there.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been to The Whiteface Lodge 4 times, Jan, March and May. We love it in the winter and in the spring and hope to be able to go there in the summer. The staff is friendly, and very accommodating. We've stayed in a 1 and 2 bedroom suite and just love going there. The grounds are well kept as is the entire Lodge. It's a beautiful place to vacation. The amenities are great, from the pools, hot tubs, bowling alley, theater, game room. The bar and restaurant are very good. The breakfast in the restaurant could feed two people. We love the fire at night, having a drink and making smores. This time we had great weather and sat outside by the fire until 9:30-10. Snow shoeing and ice skating in the winter time, along with skiing. The town of Lake Placid has alot of nice stores and great restaurants. Over all a great place to go, whether vacation or work related. We don't think you'd be disappointed at The Whiteface Lodge.

Room tip: Some 1 bedroom suites have a bath and 1/2 which is good if you want to invite another couple, or if you have 1 or 2 children with you. We've had rooms on both the 1st and 2nd floor facing in both directions and all of the rooms were quiet because it's away from the highway or main road. There's alot of property around it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wow, the place was perfect from the minute we pulled into the driveway. We were there for a wedding but it felt like a mini vacation. The room was gorgeous, bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The grounds are beautiful, the view is amazing. I felt like I was in a dream and I didn't want to leave. My family was all there and we had the best time (kids up to grandparents). The food was excellent, and the service was top notch. Everyone was so friendly and truly made us feel so welcome. I am looking forward to going back soon!

Room tip: I was in many rooms because of all of our family there. Every room had something special about it. My sister's room was in a different building and you had to have a special key to use the elevator which was kind of inconvenient. If you are going with other people, I would want to all be in the main building.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Just spent another great night at the Lodge. Stayed there on May 19,2013.
Everything was great as usual, Except ..... The was no "Crab Cake" on the dinner menu.My wife was disappointed. Enjoy a late night dip in the Hot tub and Pool then went to the lounge for a Spanish coffee and Dessert
Will be returning in the near Future.

1  Thank Clive H
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband, two children and I made our first visit to the Lake Placid Lodge during a brisk fall weekend in October. The service was all that you would expect at a 5 star resort: greetings by name, excellent concierge services, a multitude of planned activities available to resort guests, and a staff who inquired (and generally cared!) about how you perceived your visit.
As for the property, we enjoyed the lovely pool, the beautiful grounds, and spacious rooms. The property is Adirondack style through and through, in a classy way, with natural building materials of stone and wood throughout. Bonuses for the family included hiking trails on property, evening smores, a game room and bowling alley, and a babysitting service which allowed a date night at dinner with my husband while the kids enjoyed crafts and a movie with pizza.
We can't wait to return!

Date of stay: October 2012