“Wedding Tour Experience”

The Whiteface Lodge
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Although I did not stay overnight at the Lodge, I wanted to share my recent experience of touring the property for my upcoming wedding.

My mother and I stopped by the Lodge, unannounced and without an appointment, to see if we could take a quick peek inside. (We were staying in the area and thought it looked beautiful.) When we pulled up, we told the valet that we were hoping just to take a look at the property, briefly and informally, for a wedding. The valet said, "of course," and offered to park our car for us. As we walked into the Lodge, we were met by a gentleman who held the door open for us and asked if he could be of service. We explained the nature of our visit, and he introduced himself as the general manager of the property, Mr. Pulito. He said it would be his pleasure to personally show us the property and provide us with any information we might need for a wedding.

We had not budgeted for a full tour and had another appointment within the hour, so Mr. Pulito offered for us to return that afternoon, at our convenience, for lunch and a tour. I cannot express adequately the professionalism and salesmanship exhibited by Mr. Pulito during the afternoon. He was courteous, gracious and generous - treating us to lunch and leaving no stone unturned. We viewed the entire property, including the reception venue. Following the tour, we promptly received a follow-up email from Mr. Pulito and a phone call from the wedding coordinator.

Although I have not finalized my wedding plans, I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Pulito and his amazing staff. I consistently stay at 5-star hotels and resorts, and I cannot say enough great things about the service we received during our afternoon at the Lodge.

Plus, it's a beautiful location to boot - it would make an amazing location for a winter wedding.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I just returned from a two-night stay at the Whiteface Lodge this weekend. I was truly impressed with how it lived up to all the rave reviews it has received in the press. It’s a beautiful property that is clean, comfortable and has every amenity you could want. Our two-bedroom suite was huge and little details like cookies on the pillow as part of their turndown service really help you understand that they know how to take care of their guests. It’s a great place for families and there are plenty of activities for the kids as well as for the adults. And I would highly recommend The Whiteface Lodge Spa to anyone seeking a peaceful retreat. The Whiteface Lodge can cater to your every need. But don’t eat there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been to The Whiteface Lodge 4 times, Jan, March and May. We love it in the winter and in the spring and hope to be able to go there in the summer. The staff is friendly, and very accommodating. We've stayed in a 1 and 2 bedroom suite and just love going there. The grounds are well kept as is the entire Lodge. It's a beautiful place to vacation. The amenities are great, from the pools, hot tubs, bowling alley, theater, game room. The bar and restaurant are very good. The breakfast in the restaurant could feed two people. We love the fire at night, having a drink and making smores. This time we had great weather and sat outside by the fire until 9:30-10. Snow shoeing and ice skating in the winter time, along with skiing. The town of Lake Placid has alot of nice stores and great restaurants. Over all a great place to go, whether vacation or work related. We don't think you'd be disappointed at The Whiteface Lodge.

Room Tip: Some 1 bedroom suites have a bath and 1/2 which is good if you want to invite another couple, or if...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wow, the place was perfect from the minute we pulled into the driveway. We were there for a wedding but it felt like a mini vacation. The room was gorgeous, bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The grounds are beautiful, the view is amazing. I felt like I was in a dream and I didn't want to leave. My family was all there and we had the best time (kids up to grandparents). The food was excellent, and the service was top notch. Everyone was so friendly and truly made us feel so welcome. I am looking forward to going back soon!

Room Tip: I was in many rooms because of all of our family there. Every room had something special about it. M...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Just spent another great night at the Lodge. Stayed there on May 19,2013.
Everything was great as usual, Except ..... The was no "Crab Cake" on the dinner menu.My wife was disappointed. Enjoy a late night dip in the Hot tub and Pool then went to the lounge for a Spanish coffee and Dessert
Will be returning in the near Future.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Clive H
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband, two children and I made our first visit to the Lake Placid Lodge during a brisk fall weekend in October. The service was all that you would expect at a 5 star resort: greetings by name, excellent concierge services, a multitude of planned activities available to resort guests, and a staff who inquired (and generally cared!) about how you perceived your visit.
As for the property, we enjoyed the lovely pool, the beautiful grounds, and spacious rooms. The property is Adirondack style through and through, in a classy way, with natural building materials of stone and wood throughout. Bonuses for the family included hiking trails on property, evening smores, a game room and bowling alley, and a babysitting service which allowed a date night at dinner with my husband while the kids enjoyed crafts and a movie with pizza.
We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

From the moment you drive through the gates and experience the scent of pine and wood burning fires, through to reluctant check out, The Whiteface Lodge delivers a relaxing Adirondack getaway for families or couples. The resort is small enough to feel intimate, yet has lots of room to enjoy the beautiful surroundings without ever feeling crowded. The rooms are gorgeous! We stayed in a three bedroom, 2 story suite, enormous in size and so comfortable. It's one of the only places we ever stay that makes you want to stay in and just enjoy the room and fireplace with a good book. But there is so much to do here - the Spa, the indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, bowling ally, movies.....hard to fit it all into a weekend visit. The Whiteface Aroma Sensory Massage is a favorite Spa treat! Our package included a delicious breakfast which is served buffet style in the spectacular dining room.
This was our fifth visit to the Whiteface Lodge, and we will without a doubt be returning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family