My husband, two children and I made our first visit to the Lake Placid Lodge during a brisk fall weekend in October. The service was all that you would expect at a 5 star resort: greetings by name, excellent concierge services, a multitude of planned activities available to resort guests, and a staff who inquired (and generally cared!) about how you perceived your visit.
As for the property, we enjoyed the lovely pool, the beautiful grounds, and spacious rooms. The property is Adirondack style through and through, in a classy way, with natural building materials of stone and wood throughout. Bonuses for the family included hiking trails on property, evening smores, a game room and bowling alley, and a babysitting service which allowed a date night at dinner with my husband while the kids enjoyed crafts and a movie with pizza.
We can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge