Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$389
Courtyard
Hotel North Woods(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$299
$289
AscendHotels
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$477
$379
CrownePlaza.com
$160
$155
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$403
$368
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$389
$377
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$449
  • Pool
$256
$242
$229
QualityInn
Prague Motor Inn(Lake Placid)
$248
TripAdvisor
1,258 results
All reviewsbowling alleymovie theaterthe indoor outdoor poolkanu restaurantkanu loungethe ice cream parlorbedroom suitewasher dryerfull kitchengames roomturn down servicekamp kanuvalet servicefree popcornheated floorscookiesskating rink
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My fiance and I are getting married in Lake Placid this June. We decided to plan a meeting and tour of the Whiteface Lodge as one of the options for our wedding location. Mind you, the property and buildings are gorgeous. But when finally meeting with our contact person, Rosette Press, I felt like I was trash. Within a few minutes of our meeting she stated, "This might not be the right place for you. Perhaps you should look elsewhere.". I have never felt so belittled in my life. I guess I do feel better that the true colors of the Whiteface Lodge didn't take too long to rear their ugly head. My business is much better served at The Whiteface Club and Resort down the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
31  Thank Peds_Nurse_Kelly
Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Kelly,
I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experience during your property tour and meeting last year. I can honestly say that it is very disappointing that your experience and opinion of a single person at our property warranted such a harsh review, a personal attack of one of our most valued managers and overall low score. I would assume if you stayed at the Lodge with us you must of had contact with 20,30 or 40+ associates out of our over 160 working here in August. We take pride in not only having a "Gorgeous" Resort but also in providing superior quality and personalized Guest Service. As the only property with the Leading Hotels of the World designation outside of New York City in the state, I feel we continually exceed our guest’s expectations and excel in our annual inspections from Leading Hotels, specifically in our service scores.
Please know that our Director of Sales and I are confident that the delivery and message she intended while meeting with you was completely taken out of context, and for that we truly apologize. The fact is whether our rooms, location, pricing, available dates or other factors the Whiteface Lodge may not work for every wedding. This is in no way meant to be a belittling comment but an honest suggestion and we pride ourselves on be up front and honest with our potential brides and groups in the sales process. We customize Wedding and Group Packages to fit all levels of needs but sometimes it may still not be ideal. We are glad you found a great place here in Lake Placid to get married and wish you the best of luck and happiness with your fiancé.
Warm regards,
Chris Pulito

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family stayed here over a long weekend last month and although due to my son having to have an appendectomy we were unable to fully enjoy the resort we were still very pleased with the stay. Everyone from the general managers to the front desk to housekeeping consistently inquired about our sons’ progress and helped us in any way that they could. The staff sent gifts to the hospital and even had a cake waiting for my son when he was released. The lodge and the grounds are truly beautiful and the amenities wonderful, we are definitely planning on returning and would recommend Whiteface for families looking for a great getaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were fortunate to stay in one of the two story suites, and it was beautiful ! You really feel as if you are in a log cabin, and enjoying nature at every turn! There was a small lake right out back and we were able to fish almost every day we were there. My favorite part about this area besides the nature, is the shopping. There are the cutest little shops and restaurants all around. Mix that with the beauty of the nature all around you, and you have one great adventure ! Loved everything about our stay !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple stayed here late April 2013 for our 20th anniversary. To say this place is amazing is an understatement! Every worker was extremely helpful, cheerful, and friendly. So much to do here - Spa, Game Room, Bowling Alley, Movie Theater, Hot Tubs, Pools, Smores, Lean To's.... it goes on and on. The place is gorgeous - all log cabin timbers, and lots of wood. The spa was wonderful, the rooms were huge, and the food delicious - especially the huge breakfast buffet (that is included!). Stay here and you will NOT be disappointed!!
We could not have stayed at a better place! We can't wait to return...

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful - we had a one bedroom with 1 and a half bath's and we got to see a 2 and 3 bedroom... huge and gorgeous!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dachduco
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a Superior 1BR suite with our two kids (4 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son) the first week of April 2013. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The room itself was clean and spacious. The kitchen was new and very usable, there was a full dining room table, a great sitting area with gas fireplace. Our kids go to bed at 8pm so we had them sleep in the BR and we slept on the pull-out couch...it was not great, but fine / as expected for a pull out.

Breakfast was included with our room and was great. Fruit (strawberries, pineapples, melon), granola, yogurt, muffins/bagels, and pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage every morning. Our kids loved the activities, in particular the s'mores by the fire every night (outside most nights, inside when windy), the movie theater which had great daily options (my kids saw Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc), the bowling alley (a private room available with a full 10-pin alley and full seelection of bowling shoes for reservation each day between 12-8pm in one hour blocks). The pool was also great - it is half indoor and half outdoor, with a swm-through mini-tunnel connecting them. When we were there it was light snow and 30 degrees and pretty cool to be in an outdoor heated pool when snowing. My wife and I used the fitness room daily and it was just fine (few treadmills, couple ellipticals, bike, etc). And we used the ice skating (open until 10pm every night, music playing and hot chocolate available, and full selection of ice skates available).

Service was good all-around, no issues. Two notable examples - ice skating hut ran out of hot chocolate and we called to inform the hotel and they replaced w/in 3 minutes; same thing for s'mores at night.

And location was good - just a 5 min drive from Lake Placid town which had plenty of restaurants and shops. Whiteface Mtn was a short ride and all the Olympic stuff was close-by.

We are planning to return - a perfect combination of activities and amenities for both adults and kids. Perfect family spot. And we found the value to be just fine - it is expensive but if you take advantage of what is offered (e.g. all the onsite activites) then it is a good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family