First stay was in 2011 and third stay was 2013. Convenient to Whiteface for skiing and nice for my non-skiing wife to relax during the day. Great rooms and the kitchen saves on having to pay for restaurant meals. Facilities are also great with the skating rink, pool, etc being a hit with the kids. Even on a not too busy week, the game room and bowling alley were very busy or not available. Breakfast this stay seemed to be inferior to previous stays. Clearly an expensive place to stay and my "average" review is simply due to the value. For the price everything should be top notch and everyone should go well beyond the basics. If you are okay with spending several hundreds of dollars per night to have a really nice room, then stay here. If you are going to spend most of your time away from the hotel, stay somewhere cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge