This was our third year visiting the beautiful resort during the New Year Holiday. The atmosphere is cozy and tastefully done to make the visitor feel like you are in the mountains. The rooms and view are beautiful. The children's programs are great for our small children and there is always an activity to keep our boys busy. Truly a winter wonderland and the room for improvement lies in the service of the restaurant. Each year we are shocked how a prestigious resort can sustain such a poor waitstaff and food menu. The menu leaves us longing for comfort food after a day of skiing. Five hamburgers to choose from! No chili or warm soups and a crazy lounge which needs more waitstaff and staff that knows how to service its customers! Don't get me wrong there are a few kind servers (ironically the ones we see each year) that serve well and go beyond but there are not enough of these people around. If the people supervising the game room and halls were older it may be easier for them to enforce the rules of the resort. Its a challenge to have your young children enter a circus and enforce rules that no one is implementing themselves. On the fence about returning next year....longer for better customer service. Every time I ask the front desk for assistance I felt like I was bothering them and intruding on something - did not feel warm at the front desk. The valet staff by far is the warmest crew around the resort. Thankfully this staff is the first impression and sometimes the last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge