I want to thank the staff at the Whiteface Lodge for helping us enjoy our family vacation. When we arrived the valet service unpacked our car brought our luggage direclty to our room while we checked in and had dinner. During dinner my daughter was not feeling well so I decided to bring her back to the room. The waitress (without us asking) suggested that she would bring the food for my daugter and I to the room ( and would even split the entrees that my wife and I were going to share). The room itself was very comfortable. The kids loved the game room ( with bowling alley) and the skating rink. Next to the skating rink was the Yurt which was stocked with skates for everyone, sleds, equipment for broomball and hot chocolate. All of the equipment was in great condition. We played broomball with another family which was a highlight of our trip ( they could use a few additional broomball sticks :). We would definitely go back and would be interested to see lake placid in all four seasons.
To be fair the food was avergae and they have a funny policy; (which should not matter to most people) We needed to switch rooms the last night because we extended our stay , and although they knew which room we were going to be switched tothey would not tell us. It was comical in the fact that I asked which room we were being moved to and the person at the desk was like " oh I am so sorry but we do not share that information with guests, we would not want them walking around the hotel looking at other rooms". I just had to laugh because they did everything else right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge