We were really looking forward to our stay here. Friends had visited about 5 years ago and gave rave reviews. However, we were disappointed with our stay. We were here over the 2 week holiday period. The rooms are beautiful and we had a very nice view. We loved the small kitchen which allowed us to make meals in the room. Service to the room was either great or horrible. On arrival there was a prior guests underwear in our hamper as well as the bath mat. Our toilet paper was not restocked. We enjoyed the amenities of the game room, bowling alley, year round indoor/outdoor pool, and the on site ice skating rink. However, as others have mentioned, we felt like we were staying at a Disneyland resort. There were young unsupervised children running up and downt the halls screaming at all hours of the day and right. We complained to the front desk who failed to intervene. We could also hear children running above our room as well. We were stunned that a hotel of this caliber would allow this type of lack of supervision of children. During one visit to the game room a child climbed onto the shuffleboard table and began running up and down it. His mother was in the room and failed to control the child. Even more disappointing was that a staff member also in the room failed to intervene. Two gentlemen were playing a game of pool and multiple young children grabbed pool sticks and took over the table despite the players asking them to wait until their game was over. We stopped at the ice cream counter and the server behind the counter was extremely rude. If this resort hopes to retain it's status as a leading hotel in the world it needs to take a serious look at its policies and customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge