“VERY NICE LODGE!!”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
KCMO
“VERY NICE LODGE!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Whiteface Lodge and it was just wonderful. From the lobby to the room it had a very woodsy decor (as expected) and the staff was so welcoming and helpful. In fact, we were escorted to our room and told of the awesome amenities. We had a movie theater, NICE fitness room, and a game room that included a bowling alley..how cool is that??

The room we had was a jr. suite and it was so comfy, complete with a washer/dryer. I think the floors in our bathroom were heated too. They had a lot of activities including a movie, spa, hot tubs, heated swimming pools, and smores by the campfire. This place was beyond AWESOME and I would absolutely stay there again.

1 Thank KSH99
Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for the review, I am glad to hear you got to experience and enjoyed all of the amazing amenities on the property! It is truly unique that a Resort offers so much to do onsite for both families and adults and I we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
BC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This lodge is so pleasant. The staff are friendly, the decor cozy and there is plenty to do at the Lodge (heavenly spa) and in the surrounding area. We ate in the suite which was nicely supplied for home cooking. Enjoy and feel relaxed when you leave!

Room Tip: Ground floor of the building with the reception, theatre and games room works for us, easy access wi...
2 Thank travlinswans
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went for a weekend getaway recently... it was our first time at Whiteface Lodge, but have visited Lake Placid many times. This is a resort where you can do activities all day, or just stroll the property and relax at the spa. It is about a mile from the center of town. We even went bowling (yes, they have their own bowling alley!) If you have kids, there is plenty for them to do while you spend time at the jacuzzi. There is an extensive game room, and a large movie theatre with movies three times a day (they even provide you with the popcorn!) It is pricey, though, but the rooms and amenities are far above what you would expect, especially in a small town like Lake Placid. Great location for a wedding... there was one each day we were there. The rooms include a kitchenette and large living room area with huge plasma TV, and a lovely gas fireplace. Beautiful view from the very large balcony. Maid service came twice daily, and both the room and the resort were immaculate.

1 Thank DebSaratogaNY
Toronto
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I decided to attend our grandson's hockey tournament in Lake Placid this past weekend but were not keen on staying in the same hotel as a few hundred hockey players. We booked at the Whiteface Lodge and I can honestly say it was a wonderful experience from our arrival to our departure. We had not even left the driveway yesterday and vowed we would be back.

You are met upon arriving and shown into the lodge. Take the time to look around and absorb the burning wood smells that permeate throughout. I felt like I was coming home. There are even a few little surprises under the tables. Make sure you take a peek.

Once checked in a concierge gives you a quick tour. Take advantage of it as it is quick and you will learn a great deal of what the lodge has to offer. Trust me you won't want to miss anything.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was wonderful. All the comforts of home plus some. Beautifully appointed, impeccable and someplace you just wanted to hang out. I have never known us to want to stay in and order room service. We did that here. There was turn down service at night, water left on the nightstand and two cookies wrapped in cellophane on the bed.

The first night we ate in the dining room. The wait staff were very attentive and the meal was wonderful. I have read some not so flattering reviews of the food but we could not find anything to criticize.

The second night, as I mentioned, we had room service. I must of liked the salad the first night because I ordered it again and we ordered a pizza that was to die for. Sharp cheese with bacon and apple slices. Who knew that would make a great combination on a pizza.

The lean tos, the do-it-yourself Smores, the grounds, the pool, the ice-cream parlour, the games room, the wildlife demonstrations, we experienced it all. My only regret....I did not have all of my family with us. It is one of those places you want to show off. As a matter of fact even after a 6 hour drive home I posted my photos on Facebook last night........even before unpacking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are steps away from the dining room.
2 Thank Love2CruiseToronto
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend wanted to go to Lake Placid for the weekend for his birthday so I obviously hit up TripAdvisor to see my options. Most of them were Inns or Motels, some nicer than others (and we saw them when we arrived) but Whiteface clearly stood out. The grounds are beautiful and the property had a lot to offer...bowling, movies, spa (which was lovely-had a swedish massage), indoor/outdoor pool and hottubs (with a gorgeous view) and a restaurant and lounge. Despite the cozy, lodge-feel to it, it was still imaculate (nothing looked old, dated or dusty as most other cabins/lodges ive seen). The rooms were big and clean and the amenities were brand new (we had a junior suite which i think is the lowest suite and it included stove, fridge, dishwasher, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, electric fireplace...it was great). It was also a couple min from Main Street where there are restaurants and shops along with Mirror Lake and Heart Lake and the campgrounds/hiking area are just 10-minutes away--truly beautiful. It was a perfect weekend getaway. We would definitely return!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Ali N
Capitol Aera, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Whiteface Lodge after a long deployment. We had a wonderful time and the staff and management were so generous to military members. We took advantage of all the lodge had to offer including the ice skating rink and hot chocolate, indoor/outdoor pool, jacuzzi tub in the room, and the beautiful full breakfast, to only mention a few. The valet service was a great help and the front desk was so helpful with all our weekend planning. We had an amazing time while at the lodge and would like to extend our greatest appreciation to the staff and management for their service to the military and their families.

Room Tip: Spa treatments were amazing!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Shoreham, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family and I spent 5 days in lake placid NY at the Whiteface Lodge. Before booking I had read all the reviews on trip advisor and was very impressed. The only complaint people posted was the buffet breakfast. They said it was hit or miss. So we booked the lodge for the dates of October 12-16. And I could not be more impressed. The property was beautifully landscaped and our suite overlooked the courtyard with direct view of the fountain. It was incredible at night when it was lit up. The suite had 1 and a half bathrooms and felt very large but warm and cozy with all the large furniture. When we arrived , the valet staff greeted us warmly and that took our car and luggage. It was very busy but they seemed to have enough staff on hand. The lady who checked me in was so friendly and explained everything to me and asked if I had stayed here before. I told her no. And then she had the concierge give us a brief tour of the lodge and all the amenities it had to offer. She even showed us everything about our suite. It was very good surprise. I did not expect that at all. Nobody had mentioned that on trip advisor reviews. Every night we had turn down service and the staff left cookies for all of us and in the bedroom chilled water with glasses by the bed stand. Every attention to detail was not missed. Love the outdoor/ indoor pool and explored the lower level with the theater, gym and ice cream parlor. I thought it was very cool that there is a tunnel connecting the main building to the pool. I took advantage of that because the first 2 days was only in the 30's. The Adirondack decor makes the lodge feels warm and cozy. All the fireplaces where lit giving that cozy atmosphere. The first 2 nights we ate at the canu lounge. The food was excellent at a good value. The rest of the nights we had dinner in the village of lake George. I like that you have the choice of either having valet parking or parking yourself in the lot on the side. Last year when we stayed at stowe mountain lodge in Vermont we did not have that choice. Every time I had to get something from the car the valet had to run and find it for me. Plus I did not like the 18 per night charge for the valet service. So having this choice at the Whiteface lodge is a very good idea. The only complaint I had was the breakfast. We had the buffet. But it was a hit or miss. The first 2 days the food was hot and delicious . The last 2 days it was ok. One of those days the food was actually on the cold side and needed replenishing. If they work on this, it will be perfect. The whiteface lodge is a little pricey but well worth it. I will defiantly stay again and looking forward to my next stay. Its a great place for families. So much to do!!! You wont be disappointed!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family