Just got back from a week at Whiteface lodge.
I can sum it up in one word...WOW!!!!
Perhaps this place is not for the faint of wallet, but on the other hand if you can not afford it now save your money and go later. You will see that this place is worth it. We booked a delux one bedroom suite, at $510.00 a day.
A word of warning, do not be fooled by lower prices on Travelocity etc. Their prices seem to be about $90.00 / day less but do not include tax and resort fees.
The room was certianly delux. Spotless, rustic, ellagance. Fireplace in the living room with large window overlooking the woods. Beautiful full kitchen with dishwasher (and yes even a laundry). Large bedroom with King size bed, large picture window. Master bath has shower and juccuzi tub for 2. The delux room also has a second bathroom.
The service was outstanding in every respect. Concierge will set you up with whatever you need. A shullte service between the lodge and the town of Lake Placid (Mercedes Van's) will take you there and pick you up on YOUR schedule.
The resturant is something to behold. With wood bruning fireplaces in the lounge and eating area. And the food is simply the best I have had anywhere and reasonably priced for what you get. And if you need a special glass of wine they will select some of the best wines I have had and match it to your dinner.
Ice skating, snow showing, indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, and a fire all set up for you to cook some fresh smores in the great outdoors. If you have kids, they have a game room, bowling alley, internet cafe, ice cream parlor and movie theater (actually the wife and I enjoyed a game of pool after breakfast each day). There is also a large selection of DVD's on hand for the cranky youngsters.
The wife and I went here for our 33 wedding anniversary and found everything about this place to exceed expectations. You just can't go wrong with the food, room, and service. I would go back again, perhaps next time in the summer to see this place from a different perspective.
So, don't let the price scare you away. A stay at Whiteface Lodge is worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge