This place exceeded ALL of our expectations even when we arrived expecting a first class place. The staff were without exception friendly, helpful and abundant. The facility was beautifully and consistently furnished both in public areas as well as in the rooms. Outdoor gardens, lawn, etc. were perfectly manicured (in an Adirondack way). We were without kids but recognized that it would be terrific with a family and saw many happy families around. The included breakfast was wonderful. THEN we wandered over to the beach area and spent a few hours paddling around Lake Placid in a canoe. Beautiful spot, terrific amenities to keep families or couples entertained -- volleyball, basketball, beach, kayaks... Great stay! Couldn't imagine suggesting ANY area for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge