Cascade Motor Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lake Placid
See available hotels
Rodeway Inn(Lake Placid)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Prague Motor Inn(Lake Placid)
Edelweiss Motel(Lake Placid)
Redwood Motel(Lake Placid)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The good things first:
- it was inexpensive and relatively clean, housekeeping was ok, it has a working heater and I had hot water.

However, the place could use a thorough spring cleaning. The pipes were green/white with deposits, the caulk lines in the shower were gross, the bathroom was tiny (but absolutely functional for one person).

The bad: The mattresses were rock hard. Horribly uncomfortable. They appeared to be new but were covered with a plastic cover which had two unpleasant side effects: every movement work me up due to the sound and it caused some unpleasant night sweats. The heater worked but was so load, it would wake me up multiple times during the night.

The worst: The property only has one phone line for the entire property. That's right: one! Which is also the reason why guests are not allowed to accept incoming phone calls for any reason - unless it was a life or death emergency. I didn't have my cell phone and was merely trying to call home to say that I had landed ok. The instructions were confusing at best. Dialing "9" didn't work, nor any other of the combinations in the guest pamphlet. I finally walked over the owners house (there is no reception area) at around 10 pm where I was greeted by two rather large dogs.
The owner was kind enough to walk to my room with me to address the problem. Only problem: he couldn't figure out how to make an out of state phone call. He then called somebody who advised that it would have to be a pre-paid call to A&TT and gave us the number. That didn't work and I was unable to make my call. Not from the owners place and not from my room. Bummer. I then had to drive the 5 miles into Lake Placid where the pleasant Elena who was working the night shift at another property (might have been the Crowne Plaza) let me use her private cell phone so I could get in touch with my folks at home. Yes, could have been avoided if I had had my own phone but since I didn't, this was a rather unpleasant experience.

I wouldn't recommend it and I wont' be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank KingdomWeddingPhoto
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We recently enjoyed a one-night stay at the Cascade Inn after a grueling, horrible day getting there. Our car had broken down and we were very late in arriving. Lorraine and her family were understanding and caring. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and then a good time at the bar where we met folks from everywhere. Our room was very clean and warm (below zero outside). I recommend staying and enjoying this little gem of a motel in the Lake Placid area. Gail Whitefield

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justsuppose
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Lovely owners, clean rooms, fabulous view, great price and we would return again. BUT the beds were too hard (they are new). We are campers (ADK) but do want a good night's sleep. That is the only down side. If you have an inflatable mattress, BRING IT. Close to town, but you can get away from the tourist scene here very easily. Two dressers, two hanging racks, plenty of hot water. Pine panellng. 50's decor, but comfortable. Fall folilage and mountain views right out on your little front porch which has Adirondack chairs (plastic but comfortable). Informal atmosphere and very friendly.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Lake Placid lodging can be pricey, so I stayed at the modestly priced Cascade Inn first in 2004, and liked it enough that when I returned to the area in 2008, I stayed there again. The motel is three miles south of town on Route 73. It is a simple old motel, so it does not command the high prices of lodging in town. The bedroom was of satisfactory size, although the bathroom was quite small, with a tiny sink. A restaurant is on premises, but not open either time I was there, in a shoulder season. The room was showing its age, and several ceiling tiles on one side of the room need to be replaced. I did not see any mold as some others have reported, just some corrosion around the water handles on the sink. Since I was out of the room most of the daylight hours, this motel served my needs well.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank JoeTraveler48
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Great place to stay and save money. The room was large and clean. Stayed two nights over the weekend and had a great time. This is a family owned business and the people were extremely friendly and accomodating. I was initially worried after reading the coments on this site, however, as far as I am concerned, the are unfounded. This is a great place to stay regardless of the price which is exceptional for its location. Highly recommend for the traveling skier, climber or travelor.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends