The View Restaurant at the Mirror Lake Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The View Restaurant at the Mirror Lake Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Interlaken Avenue
Description: The View is the only AAA four-diamond fine dining restaurant in Lake Placid, New York. Overlooking Mirror Lake and the Adirondack High Peaks, this restaurant is renown for its commitment to food and wine. The concept is elegant comfort foods with an extensive wine list that has been recognized for excellence by the Wine Spectator for the past Sixteen years. The menu changes three times each year. Prepared Dinner at The James Beard House November 2008. We are also new member to The Adirondack Harvest.Chef Jarrad utilizes local cheeses, meats and vegetables as the season permits.The View Restaurant is the perfect place for your "special occasion." Taste Bistro & Bar adjoins the View with Casual dinner fare, have drinks by the fire and relax. Live piano music Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I had never heard of the lodge or the restaurant. My oversight. We were visiting family at the lodge and upon entry I thought that that I had gone back 70 years to some of the lumber baton lodges in Canada. Exquisite woodwork. Authentic furniture. Imposing but cozy. The restaurant takes over the mood and style of the lodge. Starched while linen. Sparkling glassware. Menu was adventurous but had staples for the less adventurous. Service was superb. Waiter knew every nuance of each dish and explained it again when the food arrived. Had cod wrapped in procuitto. Local veggies. Good came hot. Desserts not as inventive as the main menu but still good.

1  Thank Bernard S
MLI, General Manager at The View Restaurant at the Mirror Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for being our guest at The View! We’re happy that you enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service. We hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

from our beautiful table looking out on the lake, to the fantastic service by Pierre, this was a most enjoyable evening, my only regret is we didn't book dinner there for our other night stay. the food was prepared perfectly, one of the best manhattans I have had, and a wide selection of wines to choose from, all in all a great night.

1  Thank Robert O

Thank you for being our guest at The View! Our staff all appreciate receiving guest comments! We are glad that you enjoyed the view, service and food! We hope that we will have the pleasure of your return soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband made reservations for my birthday dinner in this restaurant, and i was truly surprised when i walked in this place. It was truly romantic specially since we sat by the window overlooking Mirror Lake. The service and staff were great and the food delicious, drinks were good too. The price was high $$$, i guess you should expect that when you come to a place like this. I would definitely come back to eat here again. We had an awesome time.

Thank you for being our guest at The View! Happy Birthday again! We’re happy that you enjoyed special elegant and romantic evening! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I ate here with my family on May 10 2014 after graduating from Paul Smiths college with a BA in Hotel Resort and Tourism Management. The food was the best I have had in years the wine was great. I especially loved that they took a group picture of me and my family on graduation night that was a special touch. Great views of the lake as well. If you are staying in Lake Placid The View at The Mirror Lake Inn is the place to eat. Great food, wonderful staff, and great views of the lake a real enjoying experience. I would defiantly suggest this as a got to do while in Lake Placid

MLI, General Manager at The View Restaurant at the Mirror Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for being our guest at The View restaurant! Congratulations on your graduation from Paul Smiths College!. We are happy that you thought that the food at dinner was the best you’ve had in years and the wine was great! We enjoyed having you and look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you are staying at the Mirror Lake Inn, it would be unwise for you to miss having a meal here. From breakfast (we had the meal plan each morning -- fantastic deal) to dinner, I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. Food was delicious (might have been the most tender filet mignon I have every had, and I have had many) and the servers were incredibly lovely. They remembered us from one day to the next and it was fun to chat about what we'd done around town and what we had planned next.

The meal plan breakfast was superb. If you like staying at 4- and 5-star luxury B&Bs, which we do, you will find this breakfast comparable to that. Such a great selection and SO DELICIOUS. I have never had a better breakfast sandwich. I am going to crave it.

Dinner was a very fine-dining experience. All the food was fresh and beautifully presented, and the portions were excellent. Again, it was the ambiance of the place and the service that really took the experience up a notch. It's just wonderful to sit at a candle-lit table overlooking the lake, beside a fireplace, and enjoy a very relaxed and delicious meal. To both start AND end your day like that was the best part of our vacation!

MLI, General Manager at The View Restaurant at the Mirror Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for being our guest at The View restaurant! We are glad that you enjoyed dinner and breakfast and that it was the best part of your vacation! We look forward to having you back again soon!