“So happy we decided to try this place !”

Black Bear Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Late night dining, Also take out.
Toronto, Canada
“So happy we decided to try this place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very nice place to eat with HUGE portions and excellent quality. Service was very friendly and prompt. Eat here and you won't be sorry, just make sure you're hungry !!

Visited May 2014

Montreal
“Fast Friendly Service with an Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I were in Lake Placid for two days this week enjoying the lake and beautiful countryside. We went for a stroll along Main Street, looking for the Black Bear Restaurant, as we had heard good things about it.
As we were ushered to a table at the rear with a view of the lake, we were promptly approached by Dottie (the head waitress who has been there over 20 years) who made us feel comfortable with a very friendly smile. She advised what their specials of the day were and then took our orders. less than a few minutes passed when we were delighted to have our fresh & tasty salads delivered with the seasoning we requested. Dottie followed up with a prompt delivery of our main dishes which were excellent. I had the fried haddock while my wife enjoyed the broiled salmon dish. The Haddock with giant fries was delicious and the portion was too much for me at one sitting. Dottie suggested a take out box and as I finished she brought and wrapped the 2nd filet for me. Her daughter Leah, who works as a waitress as well, then suggested we choose a dessert - I shared the Hot Chocolate lava cake with neopolitan ice cream- Super- but a little more hot choco lava would have made it better! :)
All in all an excellent meal that hit the spot, with friendly American service by Dottie & Leah! Oh all of the above for only $49 for the two of us- very reasonable.

1 Thank Ell613
Yorktown, Virginia
“Best of the Season”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We ate here with another couple on Saturday, July 19. One of the best times ever, and the best meal so far this season in the Adirondacks. We (both couples) drove about 75 minutes out of our way to meet here, but it was more than worth it. The setting is idyllic, looking out onto the lake. Not only the coveted tables by the window, but most locations for seating, even at the bar, look out over the lake. Very cozy bar. I could imagine camping out there when I needed some company on a difficult day. The owner came out personally, to greet us and to check that everything was satisfactory. Wait staff were professional, courteous, and friendly. The food was perfection. My lake trout was super fresh, and done with a minimum of fuss, with expertly prepared fresh veggies. My friend had another perfectly prepared seafood dish. Our spouses both had steak, and were very satisfied with their choices. If we had been able to make room, desserts looked tempting, but dinner was more than adequate without it. In all, a must in Lake Placid, and worth a detour if you are nearby.

1 Thank annbarbieaim
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food, service and view of Mirror Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Like most restaurants in Lake Placid overlooking Mirror Lake a meal with drinks will run about $100.00 for two. But sooooo worth it! Everything was great tasting and the drinks were generous. Highly recommend you try it.

Visited July 2014
“Poor food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We are in Lake Placid, on family vacation. We were walking along Main Street, and came across the first restaurant that had a kids' menu and decided to go in. The waitress was immediately annoyed that we had children, as did the rest of the people there. At first glance this looks like an American pub. Draft beer special, bar crowd, patrons watching soccer. It looked like nice casual fare. But they were trying to be something they are not. If you want to be a fancy restaurant, with dinner specials, then
don't offer a kids' menu, don't have televisions.
We were actually turned down bread. A server was walking a basket of bread over to our table and our waitress abruptly stopped her since we had ordered off of the pub menu. My children were disappointed and I was mortified.
Oh, and besides the food was awful. Not worth our saved up vacation money!

1 Thank Haus04