“Great food, great service, great view”

Black Bear Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Late night dining, Also take out.
Burlington, Vermont
“Great food, great service, great view”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My friend and I were looking for a place to eat in Lake Placid, and talked to some locals who told us that Black Bear was pretty decent. Went to the restaurant for dinner and was greeted by the owner. He came to our table and we asked him if he had any recommendations. He recommended the St. Francis scallops. He also helped us pair the food with a reasonably priced bottle of wine. My friend and I ordered an appetizer of muscles, which was delicious. The broth from the muscles was very good and soaking it up with the bread was great. The main course of scallops with proscuitto, spinach, mushrooms, in a cream sauce was amazing. The cook also came out and asked us how it was, which was very nice. And of course watching the sun go down and views of the lake were also a nice touch! Between the exceptional service, food, value, and view, I highly recommend this restaurant! I will definitely be coming back here on my next trip to Lake Placid.

• Visited April 2014

Medford, Massachusetts
“Wonderful steak and service!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We found this restaurant on a whim, the food was delicious and our waitress was great. I have a gluten allergy and the chef was willing to go to great lengths to accommodate me. Not terribly priced either, a bit on the pricey side for a college student but the food was most definitely worth the cost.

Ontario
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had the "Chicken Mario" and white wine sauce was watered down, or it could have been from the boiled chicken. Service was great, just disappointed in my dish. I might give them another try, and order something different next time.

buck county
“Excellent quiet view of mirror lake”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

hubby ordered from the menu a steak sandwich. living near philly, he was surprised that it was not the same. I ordered a club sandwich, not like anyone I have ever had, but good eating.Nice quiet early eating made it empty, server and children nearby, she made them be quiet for us.Nice place.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Calm Relaxing and Delicious!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The place was quiet as was town. It was this past tuesday. I guess it slow season right now. The music was calming and the atmosphere relaxing! Everything came out in a timely fashion. Wasnt too fast or too slow. I canMe to Get away and I got what I wanted here! The food is amazing and so full of flavor. I came back for more wednesday! I highly recommend this place. Its not often you find a quiet place that also has delicious food! Will be back next year again and can't wait!

• Visited April 2014