“Excellent quiet view of mirror lake”

Black Bear Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 105 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Late night dining, Also take out.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

hubby ordered from the menu a steak sandwich. living near philly, he was surprised that it was not the same. I ordered a club sandwich, not like anyone I have ever had, but good eating.Nice quiet early eating made it empty, server and children nearby, she made them be quiet for us.Nice place.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The place was quiet as was town. It was this past tuesday. I guess it slow season right now. The music was calming and the atmosphere relaxing! Everything came out in a timely fashion. Wasnt too fast or too slow. I canMe to Get away and I got what I wanted here! The food is amazing and so full of flavor. I came back for more wednesday! I highly recommend this place. Its not often you find a quiet place that also has delicious food! Will be back next year again and can't wait!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have visited Lake Placid quiet a bit over the past few years and one thing I have noticed is a lot of overpriced mediocre restaurants on Main Street. The Black Bear is not exception. The food was OK but it wasn't great. The service was OK but it wasn't great. The pricing is high but they can command that because most of their business is from tourist foot traffic that comes in directly from the street. I had the salmon and the vegetables were limp like they had come from a microwave bag you would get at the supermarket.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great location with scenic view of lake, etc. Restaurant is clean and charming. Food was very basic and not memorable. Didn't have a lot of presentation or flavor. However, was a nice place to visit with friends and all. Server could really use some people skills. Didn't have ANY recommendations when asked what the restaurant was known for, and couldn't elaborate on anything. Seemed like he was burned out from a long winter season and ready to be somewhere else!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Tonight my husband and I went here a little late. I have some food allergies to peppers shellfish, bananas, and pineapple. The chef customized my dish to accommodate me, and it was amazing! The food was made to order, fresh, and the atmosphere was sparkling! Beautiful artwork, and a view overlooking the lake and village. Our server Nicola was helpful, attentive, and personable. What a wonderful little gem!