“An excellent choice.”

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“An excellent choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our family of four stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights. The room was clean as was the entire facility. The free breakfast was good, the lobby spacious and the fire pit was a joy. The place was quiet and relaxing. We liked that the building is new and fresh feeling. I would highly recommend staying there. No negatives to report.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor for the best view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is great that Hampton Inn has arrived in Lake Placid New York. I welcome the opportunity to stay at a Hampton Inn in Lake Placid which is a place where I travel often on business and now feel like I have a home there. Good service, Great Location on Mirror Lake and happy employees. PS: Visit the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery right across the driveway.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time staying in this hotel, and I have to say it was great! The lobby was warm and inviting, the outdoor fir pit was cozy, the rooms were spacious [business suite] and even though the hotel was packed, I did not hear doors slamming all night, nor voices in the hallway. Such a great stay.

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Hampton Inn. We chose this hotel because of the great reviews, and we were glad we did! Upon arrival we received an upgraded room with a balcony and view of the lake! Everyone at the reception area was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is beautiful with a great view and the outside fire pit is a great touch! The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner and the noise from the road when you are lakeside is a little loud at times--probably not bad if you are an early riser.
We look forward to staying again when the weather is a little warmer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Giv'atayim, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

great hotel and even more. room was great. very clean and very comfortable.
everyone are very nice. when we checked in and look for a place for a quick scenic view, reception girl gave us great tip.
when I was late to pick up my laundry from the guest laundry room (close at 10pm), the guy at the reception came and helped me enter and fixed that.
view of the lake is great, specially during breakfast which was also very good.
I will definitely go back to that hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
John E, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that our Hampton team was very helpful during your stay. We strive to have our guests experience a nice and relaxing stay. We hope to have you return and stay with us in the near future!
Spencer, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I normally choose this brand because it is consistent and it usually had a refrigerator and microwave which I appreciate. Room seemed great until doing final sweeo at end and finding a dirty sock which makes me question the cleanliness of the hotel.

2 Thank Nancy D
Richard C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I'm so sorry to hear that you found a dirty sock when doing a final sweep of your room. We can assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn't happen again. We hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time your passing through.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time by calling me at 518-523-9500. Again, I thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

Rich and your friends
at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend getaway. We had an excellent stay. The hotel is brand new so everything is in excellent condition. The bed was comfortable and the room was well appointed. The breakfast was great. Had lots of selection and was fresh. The main lobby area was quite nice and made for a nice breakfast venue overlooking the lake. The location is great as it within walking distance of main street Lake Placid. The only thing the hotel was missing was a bar or lounge to be able to enjoy a drink overlooking the view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple