“Can't wait to go back!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm already starting to plan our trip back to Hampton Inn Lake Placid for next year and we just returned. I don't think I have ever stayed at such a nice hotel. This is the PERFECT location. Across the street is Mirror Lake as well as a little park and tennis courts. Center of the village is just a short walk away. Breakfast was great with a wide selection of food available. Coffee/tea/hot chocolate is available throughout the day. Every night the fire pit is lit for a few hours. We were lucky enough to have a Lake view room with a balcony. I highly recommend the splurge, especially if traveling with younger kids. It was nice to be able to sit on the balcony in the morning before they woke up as well as at night after they were asleep. The views were amazing. I did not want to leave at all, we actually ended up extending our stay 1 night because we did not want to leave. Pool and Hot tub area was very clean and towels were provided. Hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. My only complaint was the a/c was rather loud. We had wonderful weather so we ended up leaving our balcony door/windows open most of the day and night so not to have to listen to the a/c. While you're there walk next door to the Pub & Brewery for some good food and drinks. Hampton Inn is going to be our place to stay for every visit to Lake Placid.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, choose Lakeside with a balcony. you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight before competing in an open water race in Mirror Lake the next day. I stayed with my Aunt and Mother and we shared a room with a King bed and sleeper sofa which I slept on. The bedding was all comfortable and the room was beautiful. I booked a room with a balcony and "studio", i.e. fridge/microwave, etc. The decor at this hotel is faux Adirondack Lodge and it works nicely in Lake Placid. The hotel is brand new and the room and the whole building were extremely clean. The staff was uniformly helpful and friendly. The room was quiet, however there was noise from a next door bar when we tried to sit out on the balcony on a Friday night. The hotel is close to downtown and right across the beach from Mirror Lake. The complimentary breakfast was quite extensive - including Belgian waffles, oatmeal, eggs, fresh fruit, etc It was also replenished often and the breakfast area kept clean by staff during the meal. I would definitely stay here again if I were going back to Lake Placid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our first family trip to Lake Placid and we were very glad we chose the Hampton Inn. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was very clean and views of Mirror Lake were awesome. We had a standard room which fit our needs. Next time we visit, we hope to book a balcony room for a little extra space and to enjoy more of the view. The fire pit was a bit hit with us! We enjoyed walking downtown and getting dinner. Kids loved the pool and breakfast every morning. Other guests were friendly. We can't wait to visit
again! What a great value! We hope they keep the prices the same for next year to make it affordable for the average family.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Brand New, great view of Mirror Lake, easy walk to shops, wonderful outdoor fire pit area, beautiful great room for breakfast, plenty of free parking, quiet spot ... reasonably priced! WHAT is not to like??

We had a fabulous weekend stay in Placid at this new hotel. We have been coming to placid for 25 years and have stayed at most all the hotels around the village ... this will be our new "check availability" first place from now on. The new staff was anxious to please, grounds meticulously kept.

The room was spacious and our balcony was very generous in size compared to most every other hotel I have stayed at around the lake including: mirror lake inn, high peaks resort, golden arrow, the old Holiday Inn (now remodeled) on top of the hill next to the ice arena, etc. etc. We had a great view from our fourth floor room (a king mini-suite).

I cannot speak to the breakfast because we passed on it both days. The weekend morning "free for all" at most Hamptons reminds me just a litte too much of my grade school cafeteria :-) We opted for a quiet latte on one of the small shops in town. On passing by it did seem that the breakfast bar was getting quite a workout from the families staying the couple of nights we were there, they seemed to be really enjoying the breakfast "spread".

My only reluctance in giving such a good review is a selfish one ... it will book up faster!! But I felt compeled, they have done a wonderul job with this property.

Hopefully it will be kept up because as I stated earlier ... it is brand new ... time will tell ...

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth or fifth floor if you want a good view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel last week and were very happy with our choice. The beds were super comfortable, the staff was nice, decent breakfast spread, and the 24-7 coffee/tea bar in the lobby is a nice touch. The lobby has a great feel when you walk in, and the location right on the lake is perfect and close to many attractions. Only gripes - the AC in the room is loud and inconsistent, and the shower pressure was a bit weak. Just a heads up, make sure to book early, the price went up $100 right after we booked! Also, don't miss the shows at the jumping complex. They were a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were only here for 1 night, but I would have liked to stay longer. I thought as I walked in,"this place smells new" and indeed it is. The lounge off the reception is huge with fantastic views across the lake. The town is an easy walk away.
The room was lovely. It had two queen sized beds and was on the lakeside. No view unfortunately as there were some trees in the way. But we only went to the room to sleep so no big deal.
The breakfast was a bit minimal. But the waffles were great. There was tea and coffee available to self serve all day, but no breakfast tea. Odd as they had Earl Grey and Green tea.
The pool is a bit small. And they only do breakfast.
Overall, I was very happy with the service and whole feel of the hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This brand new hotel was built with taste and could easily be a no-brainer: The only downside is the breakfast in styrofoam plates and plastic utensils... If only they could have a couple of employees making fresh juice and omeletes, it would be such a no-brainer.

1  Thank Philippe S