“Amazing! Ate here 2 nights in a row.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Freestyle Cuisine - CLOSED

Freestyle Cuisine
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Garden City, New York
“Amazing! Ate here 2 nights in a row.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I are always looking for hidden dining treasures on our trip. During our week stay at LP (we come every year in August for past 10 yrs) we chose to eat here for our date night out while my parents babysat. We sat at the bar to chill out with drinks before dinner. I had the Tom Collins and Negroni. My husband had the bartender's spin on a Manhattan. All drinks were great! The Negroni is strong, so be warned!

Food and service were terrific. So good in fact we came back the next night and brought our parents, my almost-4-yr-old and 1 yr old boys. They don't mind kids as some other places in LP with good food do ... We were frowned upon trying to go to Liquids and Solids with our boys. Freestyle is not full of themselves and has a very casual, laid back atmosphere.

Some of the menu items we had includes the eggplant and lamb special, grilled range chicken, lobster corn dog appetizer (delish!), beef carpaccio appetizer, soft shell crab dish. My husband and mom had the T-bone steak special the second night. Even my son's hot dog was no ordinary weiner! All the veggies and other sides were cooked perfect with the right pairing of seasonings. I believe most of their produce is farm to table.

I believe they just opened in June 2013. I hope they do great and that we can return to dine with them again next summer!

• Visited August 2013

“A hidden gem off the main road.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We found Freestyle after we stopped to check out Saranac Sourdough, and made reservations after we saw their menu online. We started our meal at the bar, where our bartender made us two excellent and inventive drinks with the freshest ingredients. Then for dinner, I had the portobello sandwich on rye, and my boyfriend had the surf and turf burger. We were both extremely satisfied with our meals and the atmosphere. It's refreshing to find an inventive restaurant in a tourist town.

• Visited August 2013
“Best in Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I loved the atmosphere in the bar. The bartender was very entertaining and the drinks and food couldn't have been better, ( except for the martini, the ice spent a little too much time in the vodka) and I look forward to dining there again soon.

• Visited July 2013
Waterford, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A restaurant not to miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants ever. It is great to have Richard back. The food is fabulous and the drinks are amazing. Paul behind the bar is a true mixologist. Everything about Freestyle is creative and innovative. I wish we didn't live 2.5 hours away.

Visited July 2013
Saranac Lake, New York
“Perfect blend of all the right talents!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wow...what do you say when you have been following Richard around Lake Placid and you don't know what to expect next but Freestyle is creative blending of fabulous talents including current cuisine, unbelievable drink mixology along with the right bartender to detail every drink, super atmosphere and great service. We met friends from Albany and several times during the dining experience, they commented that it was worth driving to Lake Placid just for dinner there. Great job pooling your talents and working the magic! Keep it up!

• Visited July 2013