“A restaurant not to miss”
Review of Freestyle Cuisine - CLOSED

Freestyle Cuisine
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Waterford, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A restaurant not to miss”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants ever. It is great to have Richard back. The food is fabulous and the drinks are amazing. Paul behind the bar is a true mixologist. Everything about Freestyle is creative and innovative. I wish we didn't live 2.5 hours away.

Visited July 2013

Saranac Lake, New York
“Perfect blend of all the right talents!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wow...what do you say when you have been following Richard around Lake Placid and you don't know what to expect next but Freestyle is creative blending of fabulous talents including current cuisine, unbelievable drink mixology along with the right bartender to detail every drink, super atmosphere and great service. We met friends from Albany and several times during the dining experience, they commented that it was worth driving to Lake Placid just for dinner there. Great job pooling your talents and working the magic! Keep it up!

1 Thank presso57
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Devine!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I ate at Freestyle twice this week - I'm very impressed. The menu has dishes you don't usually find and the cuisine is remarkably tasty. I enjoyed the amazing flavors - perfect combinations of spices - tops in my book .. and that was a burger! After the surprise the first night, I had to come back to try some of the apps and the salmon (my favorite.) Again - a home run. If your looking for a great meal, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Annandale, New Jersey
“Try Somewhere else!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Freestyle after the rave reviews we read about the chef. Sorry to say the food was bland at best not a lot of flavor. The service was terrible we had to wait WAY to long for everything. We also saw two groups walk out due to the LONG wait. I was really hoping to find a go to restaurant in Lake Placid sorry to say this is not it.
Try Somewhere else!!

1 Thank jeffotitan
parkton
“An all around "5"”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We had never tried Freestyle, but liked the reviews about the chef, staff and food. I had the grilled shrimp with rice patty and greens. It was amazing! I also had my 10 yr old son w/me. They were nice enough to make something special which was pasta w/ olive oil and shrimp. (Then sauce on the side exactly for my son who is such a picky eater). They do have a kids selection. However my son is kind of at the "in between age."
Deserts were very good and the strawberry tart my mother had I believe was the best. The service was outstanding. Prices very reasonable for such top notch food, cooking and service. We will likely go back a second time this week!