“great barbeque”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

great food and generous portions. We started with the wings appetizer, everyone loved them. Favorite dishes were the brisket and the sampler platter with ribs, brisket and chicken. Two complaints. First, they don't take reservations, so you can wait a long time for a table. Plan accordingly, especially if you have kids. They will take your phone number and call you; so you can wander around town while you wait. Second, we had to ask several times for wet wipes, and I don't think we would have received any if we hadn't asked. In a bbq place that's a big lapse, wipes should just be given at end of meal. On the positive side, our table had a lovely view of the lake.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Smoke signals has great food..I recommend having the flatliner burger..it has pulled pork and mac n cheese on it. Which gives it a unique flavor..and the beef brisquet is melt in your mouth tender..I highly recommend it..an the view if Mirror Lake is breath taking.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We visited smoke signals one December evening for dinner - it was warm and welcoming on the inside.

We ordered a couple of cocktails to start. I ordered the duck breast on mashed potatoes with asparagus. My partner had tacos of some sort. The duck was amazing - so tasty and soft. Perfectly cooked. It was only about $14US as well - back home in Perth, the same would be $30+! The tacos were a huge serve that my partner couldn't finish, even though they were so delicious.

The service was great, very attentive.

I'd recommend Smoke Signals if you're in Lake Place. I'm sure during the day the view over Mirror Lake is amazing.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I'm not impressed with their bbq food. The pulled pork nachos were amazing. The fries pickels were terrible, there was way to much breading on them. We didn't eat them and they still charged us for them.
Their burgers and fries were good. The cornbread was very good. Their tacos weren't so great. Their food is expensive. So are their margaritas but they are so good. The service was very good and if you sit in the back you have a beautiful view of Mirror Lake.

1  Thank Shonna D
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Beleive it or not many places in Lake Placid close at 5 or 6 during the week. Smoke signals is not one of them. All meals prepared from scratch on premises smoker. Good friendly staff and a nice view of Mirror Lake. Good local joint.

1  Thank Mike A