“Great Food and Staff!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Richmond, Texas
“Great Food and Staff!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Saranac Sourdough has some of the best food in town. I was apalled when reading some of the negative comments. The staff is great and the food is wonderful. I've been there several times for take out and have eaten in a few times as well. I reccomend them to everyone. And for the record nowhere i've seen do they claim to be a full service restaurant. Ordering at the counter and then finding a seat or waiting for your order is very common at restaurants in the area as in many other places. The food is high quality and they always make every attempt to accomodate any special requests. Will defiantely have to stop in soon!

2 Thank lovetotravel3598

Syracuse, NY
“Maybe she was having a bad day....”
Reviewed January 26, 2010

For the last six years, we stopped at Saranac Sourdough for breakfast on our way home from Lake Placid several times each year. It's unfortunate that the owner felt the need to be rude to us, due to the fact that I used one of the disposable coffee cups to put my leftover breakfast in. She actually ended up charging us for a cup of coffee for using the empty cup! Big mistake, the scolding would have been sufficient. She can keep her sourdough bread. We will never return.

2 Thank lovetohike15
eeebSLNY, owner at Saranac Sourdough, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
I just responded personally to lovetohike to let her know that initially I charged for coffee, when I saw the cup with a lid I did assume it was coffee, and since we operate on an honor system, I think it was a fair call. When she told me it was leftovers, I told her I had charged her for coffee, but I removed the $ 1.95 cent charge, and charged her for just the coffee cup, 25 cents, which is our standard practice to encourage 'greener' options at our restaurant. I apologized for the misunderstanding and hope a quarter does not come between her family and our great food.
Speculator, NY
“Best Breakfast EVER!”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We loved everything about this place. The food was delish and there was lots of it. Nothing like homemade breakfast made to order and exactly as you would want it. Excited to return and try it all over again.

Whitehorse, Canada
“Tasty but grungy”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

This place has delicious pancakes and great bread, but it's a bit grungy and low on cleanliness. While our breakfasts were flavourable and of a good size, I found a few hairs in my food. The place has a relaxed atmosphere, but it's a bit grungy too. The people cooking definitely weren't wearing hair nets, and I saw them man-handle the pastries, not sure if they washed their hands after touching the cash first.

I'd stop in and buy some baked bread or pancakes, but that's probably about it.

1 Thank teedTraveller
New Jersey
“amazing breakfast & bread”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We stopped here for breakfast our last day in Lake Placid and only regretted that we didn't come here earlier! Everything was delicious and well worth the slight wait, and the (sourdough) pancakes were the best we've ever had. We bought 2 loaves of bread to take home with us and are looking forward to coming back the next time we are in the area.