“Breakfast in Lake Plaicd”
Review of Saranac Sourdough

Saranac Sourdough
Ranked #60 of 105 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Food was good, but the restaurant is not terribly clean nor welcoming (pretty much self serve) other than your main food is brought out to you. Branches on the ceiling were a nice touch, but the only real decorating that was done. Roasted chickens in the deli cabinet looked like they had been there for a day or two, not nice to think about when eating. All in all I wouldn't eat there again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate breakfast here and then ordered sandwiches to take out for lunch. Between the two, I enjoyed the breakfast more and do recommend it. Everything that was served looked delicious, and I can personally vouch for the sourdough pancakes. The sourdough bagel with cream cheese, lox, and capers was also quite tasty. Hard to go wrong with sourdough on the menu!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Very small and quaint with a pleasant peaceful atmosphere. I had the brioche which was excellent it came with real maple syrup. I also had a fabulous fruit salad it was beautiful fresh filled with seasonall rIpe fruit. I also could not resist buying one of the many homemade breads baked by the owner. It was the olive sourdough, it was out of this world. I bought it the day I was returnIng home. Once home I drizzled olive oil on it and grilled it and it went perfect with my eggplant. Just delicious don't miss it!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been to Saranac Sourdough twice now for breakfast and I think it is the best place in the area. The menu is not extensive, but it is original (items such as the half mountain mama, which contains 1 egg, one slice of bacon, potatoes and toasts (homemade brea) etc.) and always very very good. They don't encourage you to share, but you might need a hearty breakfast if you are heading for the slopes or cycling or hiking. I will go back for sure next time I am in Lake Placid.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great home made breads, creative salads, and friendly service. Tender loving care and pride of the business radiates when you walk through the doors of this Lake Placid gem.

1  Thank NYFrontier