“A Lake Placid Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Rustica

Caffe Rustica
Ranked #13 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Little Falls, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Lake Placid Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

We came to Caffe Rustica on a friend's recommendation, and we are soooo glad we did. We had dinner here every night in Lake Placid. Delicious!!!!!

Sewell, NJ
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

We went twice because they have a very good chocolate cake. The food is above average in quality and rather expensive. The service is sometimes lacking specially if you get there for a late lunch, the second time they made us feel as if we were bothering them for having lunch so late.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Golf and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

*8 to 10 of us come up from NYC every year to play golf and and go to Cafe Rustico for the great food and great service. If you are in Lake Placid you do not want to miss eating at this great restaurant. We love the Chef..

Syracuse, New York
“not very accommodating”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

On a recent trip to Lake Placid with our two small children, Mom and Dad wanted some adult food after a day of activities. In the description of this restaurant they advertise take out and thought that would be perfect for us to have an adult meal. Our six year old is fussy so we hoped a grilled cheese sandwich could be prepared. On entering the restaurant I inquired about take out and they produced a poorly photocopied menu that was tough to read. I further inquired if a grilled cheese could be prepared and with a smirking grin she said no. At first I thought she was kidding, but she was serious. It kind of blew me away, what kind of restaurant can't accommodate a simple request like this? The menu looked interesting too. Sorry, but we took our appetites elsewhere.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mtbikerbob
Lake Placid, New York
“Liars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

I have to say they are liars. Yesterday night my 8.5 month pregnant wife and myself drove almost 2 hours to Lake Placid; on our way up we called Caffe Rustica in 3 different occasions and we were assured if we got there before 9 pm they would sit us. We arrived at 8:58 pm (based on AT&T and Verizon's clock) and as I walked in while they had a full restaurant they said they were closed; I explained to them that it was 8:58 pm and we were told we would be seated if we arrived before 9 pm and they said they were sorry but they were closed. I have been to this restaurant several times and is this the way I get treated?
The restaurant offers above average food, the wine list is mediocre but in an area without many choices this is enough to be successful. If you are looking for a true dinning experience and an impressive wine list I strongly recommend "The Lodge" a Relais & Châteaux property.

• 2 of 5 bubbles