“Liars” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Rustica

Caffe Rustica
Ranked #13 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Placid, New York
“Liars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

I have to say they are liars. Yesterday night my 8.5 month pregnant wife and myself drove almost 2 hours to Lake Placid; on our way up we called Caffe Rustica in 3 different occasions and we were assured if we got there before 9 pm they would sit us. We arrived at 8:58 pm (based on AT&T and Verizon's clock) and as I walked in while they had a full restaurant they said they were closed; I explained to them that it was 8:58 pm and we were told we would be seated if we arrived before 9 pm and they said they were sorry but they were closed. I have been to this restaurant several times and is this the way I get treated?
The restaurant offers above average food, the wine list is mediocre but in an area without many choices this is enough to be successful. If you are looking for a true dinning experience and an impressive wine list I strongly recommend "The Lodge" a Relais & Châteaux property.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Odontoblast

West Hartford, Connecticut
“We would go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

We ate outside on the patio a bit chilly but a great experience , Food was great along with service .
Inside can be a bit smokey so chose a seat away from the pizza oven. We would certainly go back.

New York City, New York
“Perfect evening out in beautiful Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Ever since Caffe Rustica opened a few years ago, locals and tourists alike have enjoyed this beautiful restaurant. The food is excellent, some of the best in town, and the prices more than fair. Family favorites include the bruschetta and the gorgonzola/grilled chicken pizza. The service can be a little slow on busy nights, but all of the servers and chefs are friendly, knowledgeable, and often locals.

Our family includes two young children, and the patio / garden beside the restaurant provides for a nice area to let the kids play between courses or while the adults finish drinks. Lake Placid is a safe, friendly town, so it is a great place to bring families.

Reservations are only accepted for parties of 6+, but due to their recent expansion that nearly tripled the number of seats, you will not have to wait for long. Take a walk around the garden, have a drink at the bar, or watch the chefs at work, then enjoy your meal!

Pound Ridge, New York
“Fantastic: from Salad to Risotto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

We enjoyed an outstanding meal at Caffe Rustica and were pleased to have learned about this restaurant from Trip Advisor. Our 15 minute wait for a table was rewarded with a delectable selection from an inventive menu.

I had an unusual white pizza special that included goat cheese, caramelized onions and roasted cranberries while my husband had an excellent lobster and asparagus risotto, The pasta dishes were also quite good with the exception of a dish served with roasted vegetables and mozzarella that was rather bland. We also shared an exceptional salad special.

Listen to the server when they share the night's specials. They seemed to be among the best items on the menu.

New Jersey
“Yummy pizza and gazpacho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

This place is in a shopping center where the price chopper is. Although our GPS found it, I don't think I would have found this unless I read about them on Tripadvisor. We came here for lunch and had a wonderful meal and wonderful service.

We had the pizza and gazpacho soup with fresh crusty bread, perfect lunch! We sat on the little patio outside, but inside the restaurant seemed also very nice. I would recommend this place to anyone.