“BEST RESTAURANT IN LAKE PLACID”
Review of Caffe Rustica

Caffe Rustica
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner and were blown away. The food is the best we’ve had in a very long time and the staff was just as amazing. This is a must go when visiting lake placid. Whether you order appetizers, meat, pasta, drinks, pizza or desserts you will be extremely pleased. Easily one of the best places to eat in all of the Adirondacks.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 25, 2018

My GF and I were taking a mid-week break in our favorite of all places Lake Placid. On one particular night we decided we wanted Pizza and turned to TripAdvisor to find a top rated place. We liked what we read about Caffe Rustica and set out to find this place.

Finding this restaurant was a bit of a challenge and when we did find it, we were surprised to find it on the end of strip mall without a lot of signage. Entering we were greeted and asked if we had reservations which we did not. But we were seated in the dining room and at 5:00 PM the dining room was empty. Our waitress Sarah waited on us immediately and got us drinks. We settled on the kind of pizza we wanted. I ordered the Marinara Pepperoni and my GF ordered the Sicilian. While we waited for our pizzas we were served some very hot Italian Bread and some oil for dipping. Very good oil.

Our pizzas were delivered in good time and were piping hot. To say that they were good is an understatement. They were outstanding. They are brick oven style and the crusts were perfectly cooked. Not burnt or dry. Just perfect.

By the time we were done eating and ready for our check the dining room was packed. The Caffe Rustica is undoubtedly very popular. Our poor waitress Sarah was the only waitress for all these people. So our wait for our check was taking awhile. But all was good and we loved the room, the service and the food. Yes we will definitely remember this place and may just have to return again in the future.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

You’ll have a lot of choices in Lake Placid, but this one will NOT disappoint. Friendly service by knowledgeable staff that happily answer all questions and even offer helpful suggestions. I had the Pan Seared Salmon over Lentils and it was delicious. I’m here for another 5 day’s and plan on going again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Not what you’d expect from a restaurant that seems to be tucked away in a quaint strip mall. The menu is unique and (I think) made from scratch - no microwave meals. Nice drink selection. Friendly service. Look forward to going again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018

We traveled to Lake Placid in April to celebrate my dear friend's birthday. The food was excellent! We had a set menu but the diversity of the selection and quality of food was great even if some of the options were not what I would have ordered. Staff were spot-on, always ready to fill the wine glass. Would go back again if ever in the Lake Placid area

Date of visit: April 2018