“Disappointing for the prices”

Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have been offering prime steak and fresh seafood daily for over 25 years. Our on premise brewery features award winning ales and homemade rootbeer. We feature a full wine list, full bar and private dining for both lunch and dinner. During the warmer months enjoy our beautiful patio with a view of Mirror Lake. Please visit our website for more information.Check us out on face book!!!
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were attracted mostly by the outdoor seating, but the menu looked pretty good, so we tried it. The young hostess wasn't very poised, and barely smiled. The place must have been busy inside, because our waiter was having trouble keeping up. He was young and very nice, but maybe he wasn't very experienced. He took our order and brought out salads, and after that our entrees, but no rolls. Every other table was given bread before anything else came out, so I asked the hostess if bread was included. She got our waiter, who didn't apologize, but asked if we requested bread. He brought it out several minutes later, after we were already well into our entrees. The rolls were fresh and good, just too late. The pasta dishes we ordered were different entrees, but tasted almost exactly the same, except mine had chicken and the other was a primavera. The taste was very bland. The scallops were large and quite good, but there were two dull chicken breasts I couldn't finish. At prices over $20, I would expect better food, as well as better service, especially when Nicola's/Grill 211 had much better food and service at lower prices.

oomka, Manager at Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2009

Hi there. I apologize that you were somewhat dissapointed with your recent visit to the Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood. From reading your review, it apperars that the only issue we could resolve would be the rolls coming late. I do apologize that your server was tardy bringing you a basket of our homemade rolls, which are every bit as delicious as you yourself stated. I'm most certain that your server was likely a new employee who simply forgot to deliver your rolls. Unacceptable I agree, given that those near you did recieve their rolls in a more prompt manner. I'm sure your server forgetting rolls at a table was a one time lesson that need not be learned a second time. As for your pasta dishes, it appears that you had our Chicken Van Dorn with chicken and scallops, and another in your party had our Pasta Primavera. The only way these two dishes can be similar is to order the Primavera sauteed with our garlic and olive oil sauce. The choice of sacue with our primivera is ultimately the customer's choice. The fact that your dishes were similar is not surprising, seing how the Van Dorn's main preparation is to be sauteed with garlic and olive oil as well. I do hope to see you back in our establishment in the future to enjoy our great food and microbrews.

Pat Kissel
Manager
Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood

There are newer reviews for Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company

Reviewed June 27, 2009

had a large family dinner here, good food, quite expensive didn't make much of an impression, plenty out there like this

Reviewed June 8, 2009

Amazing differences since I've been going here for years. Bar visit; $23 for a wine, beer and a mixed. Meal arrived, not what I ordered. I was told the shrimp and lobster scampi came prepared with mushrooms and...."it's stated on the menu." NOwhere on the combo menu where I ordered from, is it stated. I refused the meal. Quiet night, empty room; I see what the rest of the reviews have been saying. Until they go back to what they used to be, spend your money in a better place. What a shame.

oomka, Manager at Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2009

We're sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your most recent visit to our restaurant. I don't recall your situation specifically, however I can assure you that it has been and continues to be our policy not to charge a patron in an extremely rare case involving a meal being refused. I'm certain that this policy held true with your meal. Our shrimp scampi is indeed prepared with mushrooms, which is indeed printed in the shrimp scampi's description in our menu. I do apologize that there was a miscommunication somewhere between reading the menu and being served what you ordered. It is our sincere hope to someday welcome you back to enjoy the great food and microbrews we specialize in.

Pat Kissel
Manager
Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood

Reviewed April 9, 2009

At one time this restaurant offered succulent steak, cold brews and relaxed dining. This is no longer the case as I ate there recently and noticed that they have maximized every square inch of the dining room's space. While sitting literally elbow-to-elbow with my fellow diners I witnessed a man who had ordered a fillet mignon medium-rare. It was brought to his table singed and black. When he called it to the attention of the manager, he was loudly told there was a disclaimer on the menu. I hurriedly scanned my own menu but alas without reading glasses couldn't find it. The meat was truly burnt and inedible. The man's friend also had the same fate. When my meal came, the mozzarella block was lukewarm, the salad skimpy and the chicken parmesan had overtones of pork and barbeque sauce. At this price I would opt for the gourmet, on-the-lake "Brown Dog" across the street.

1  Thank Tastemaster2020
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Great selection of beers (I like 'tripel diamond')... also the petite fillet mingon is great. The decoration is good with great service. Hope to go back again soon!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook