“Huge Portions, Good Quality”

Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have been offering prime steak and fresh seafood daily for over 25 years. Our on premise brewery features award winning ales and homemade rootbeer. We feature a full wine list, full bar and private dining for both lunch and dinner. During the warmer months enjoy our beautiful patio with a view of Mirror Lake. Please visit our website for more information.Check us out on face book!!!
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Let me first just say that I had the prime rib here last night, and I have been thinking about it all day! It was VERY good! You could pretty much cut it with your fork, and it just melted in your mouth. Our server was average, didn't blow us away with his service, but nothing to complain about either. He did his job and was satisfactory. The prices seemed a bit on the higher end, but then when our dinners were brought out and we saw how much food it was, the prices didn't matter so much. And not only were the portions quite large, the food quality was impressive. As I said, I had the prime rib and it was fabulous. My baked potato was just fine and the green beans were fresh and cooked to perfection. My husband had the prime rib bbq sandwich and it was huge. It was shaved prime rib topped with bbq sauce and coleslaw. He enjoyed it very much and was beyond full before finishing it. I think he would have been able to finish it if we had not gotten an appetizer. We had the crab and artichoke appetizer. It was very enjoyable and served with nicely toasted baguette slices. But once we got to work on our entrees, we realized that we really didn't "need" the appetizer. We had a great experience and will absolutely return.

There are newer reviews for Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We've been going to the ADK for years and it never fails to impress. Friendly and knowledgeable staff and great food and beverages. We had the best lobsters ever and Tom behind the bar is to be complimented for accepting a new way of making Cosmos - a touch of maple syrup for us Canadians. This is a must stop on our forays through New England and upstate New York. We'll be there again next year. Mary & Ed.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had awesome rib eye cooked to perfection! Service was good and bar service was good too. Nice atmosphere and reasonably priced. Good selection of their own brewed beers. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friends and I are in Lake Placid for a work conference and we asked a local for restaurant suggestions . At The top of her list was the Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood Company . Boy, were we glad we took her advice . There was a lively crowd at the bar when we arrived . The staff and customers were really friendly . I loved the whole atmosphere of the place ! Kinda rustic with a Adirondack flare .
The dinner we had was outstanding ! From the homemade blue cheese salad dressing , fantastic cuts of steak , delicious salmon, and awesome desserts every bite was delicious . I can't say enough about the quality of the good and the friendliness of the staff . Really loved this place . We plan to make this a regular stop when we visit Lake Placid !

Robert K, Guest Relations Manager at Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. It was really nice to me you. Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We've dined here about 10 times over 7 years. The food, drinks, service, and atmosphere are all fine. Only once did we have a vanishing waiter--really! . . .and had to have the hostess round up a new one.