“Great Beer!”

Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We have been offering prime steak and fresh seafood daily for over 25 years. Our on premise brewery features award winning ales and homemade rootbeer. We feature a full wine list, full bar and private dining for both lunch and dinner. During the warmer months enjoy our beautiful patio with a view of Mirror Lake. Please visit our website for more information.Check us out on face book!!!
Sanford, North Carolina
“Great Beer!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had dinner here one night. Waited 15 mins for a table which wasn't bad. We had tried to eat here one time before and the wait was an hour so we didn't stay. This time we did. Service was a little slow but the restaurant was busy. Food was good. Beer was really good. I had one of the IPAs (I believe it was a double IPA) which was great! I tried the John Brown Pale Ale which was ok. I wasn't super impressed. We would probably eat here again.

Visited February 2013

Martintown
“Friendly Pub Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We originally dropped in for a drink. The bartender made us very comfortable with local news and banter. Beer was good also - we had a sampling flight of their in house brews.

As it got closer to dinner, we moved over to the restaurant and had a great meal with very good service.

Overall a very good experience.

• Visited February 2013
“Great Steak!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I love this restaurant! The first thing you notice is the outdoor patio fire pit that is always burning in the Winter. They also have lights on the trees. It's so inviting!

The restaurant itself is an eclectic mixture of antiques and has a rustic cabin feel to it. We had a great table for two by the window and were treated to an impromptu fireworks show over Mirror Lake during our meal. Very nice!

The tables are very close together, so you can pretty much hear everyone's conversation. :( Other than that, the service and food was incredible. Our server, Ryan, was very good. He was attentive and always there when we needed him. When we said we were trying to make the 7PM movie next door, he rushed our check for us. :)

We had the calamari appetizer. It was different; yet delicious. I had the ribeye steak with baked potato, beans and salad. It was very YUMMY! Steak was cooked to my liking and the potato was very large. A meal in itself. My son had the seafood wellington, and it was delicious as well.

For the price, I was very impressed and would highly recommend to anyone.

Thank you Ryan!

• Visited March 2013
Wyckoff, NJ
“Surprisingly good - highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I say that because we have become accustomed to mediocre food and service when on our family hockey trips (this one being our first to Lake Placid), but not so here - loved the food, beers and service. Several very good microbrews (sampler is fun), very nice menu, very good service, very good quality, priced accordingly. Not a quiet place, fairly cramped but really warm and inviting. Fun. Do go here.

• Visited March 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I recently visited Lake Placid for a four-day family vacation and we all really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service at this restaurant. We VERY rarely visit a restaurant more than once on a short trip like this, preferring to try different places, but in this case we made sure we went back! Great steaks, and the best scallops I've had in a long time! In a smaller destination like Lake Placid many dining options are half full or less, especially during the week. This place was hopping, which is good to see... and worth the wait!

Visited February 2013