“New years eve 2010”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Ridgefield ct
“New years eve 2010”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My family and I visited this place after a wonderful day of skiing. I ordered the "Chefs special" a fish dish. Regardless of price this is the worst tasting food I have had in ten years. The fish was way over cooked. It really lacked culinary skill. And to add insult to injury when asked by our server why I didn't eat my dinner, I told her and her response "well everyone else liked it, it must have been you." Also both of my teenage kids burgers were not what they ordered. This place is way over rated and not worth a visit. The staff requires basic training.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank jakes1958

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst restaurant in lake placid”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Unbelievable that this restaurant is rated number one in Lake Placid. We went for lunch at a time that it was not particularly busy. The food came 30 minutes later - wings were tough, french fries were dried out and lukewarm, some were plain cold, the falafel was a large single slab as if they had no idea what it was supposed to look like. Three of us ordered a drink which came in 5-10 minutes and the fourth one in our party decided to get a drink too - except it arrived 20 minutes later. When the food finally showed up, we had been eating for about 15 minutes when the snarly waiter came to try to take away the plate of one of us that was not eating at that particular moment. Slow as molasses in serving, but lightning speed at removing the plates (despite the fact that there was no line-up of people waiting and lots of empty tables). By the way, when ordering a hamburger we asked does it come with fries? and were told - yes it did. But when the bill came they added $1.50 onto the charge for fries. There are plenty of nice restaurants in Lake Placid where the food is fresh and the environment friendly and conducive to a pleasant experience. This is not one of them! Never going back.

1 Thank Michael6248
Vermont
“Good stuff”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

MY husband and I ate here 12/19/10...I had the turkey club and he had the pulled pork...He HATES cole slaw and forgot to ask for the sandwich without it...He tried and said it was awesome...Good food and good prices.

1 Thank megvt1
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent Menu, Great Time”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Had a great time at Lisa G's. The staff was great, food was pretty good, overall a great experience. Everyone inside seemed to enjoy themselves. I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a casual place, with good value.

1 Thank nytraveler123_10
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Better food than the other choices”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

First thing, Lake Placid is not tha place to go if you are looking for good food. We tried Lisa G's on our 3rd night for dinner. I tried the mango margarita with cinnamon sugar - amazing. We tried the soups, nothing special, but seemed very fresh, homemade, not filled with lots of cream and salt. The meals came, they looked very fresh, and tasted fresh... but, culinary skills could be better. The black-eyed peas that came with my partners pork chop were hard, he said he loved the pork though, and though spicy, the side of mac & cheese was yummy. I tried the pulled pork. I know there a re many recipes for bbq sauce, but I have never had one that tasted like mustard soaked in vinegar. It burned my tongue and, well I HATE mustard. If you like mustard, you may like it. The fries however were delish - and fresh cut. I'd go again, but I'd try something else.

Been to Lisa G's? Share your experiences!