“Hospitality down pat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lisa G's

Lisa G's
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paul Smiths, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hospitality down pat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was not my first─ and definitely not my last time at Lisa G’s, but this evening I just had to take a moment of my time to share my experience. First off it was a pleasure having lunch earlier today and the food was spectacular as always. My friends and I were welcomed and seated by Lisa herself and what a pleasure it was to meet her. The menu has a lot of variety and I have to point out exactly how witty and charming it was because it felt like it was talking to us, as crazy as that sounds. The entire experience just seemed like something else and I don't think I've ever read a menu and its entirety before Lisa G’s. Our server Maggie was so sweet and gracious; she was always right there to fill up my drink and was on top of getting our food out. They both made our lunch so pleasant and warming. I highly recommend this restaurant for friends, families and if you just wanted to hang out by the bar. Thank you Lisa and Maggie keep up the work and we will see you soon!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Nico920

Toronto
“Warm and cozy restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had dinner at Lisa G's on January 3 and it was really good. Nachos, burgers, chicken wings and fish and chips were the menu choices of our group and we all were very satisfied. Our waiter Chase was a lot of fun and very attentive. I can definitely recommend this restaurant for the food and atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank yyztravellercdn
Dwight, Canada
“Best Pub in Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Look no further if you want wonderful pub grub. We went here for Monday wing night. It was packed but we finally got a seat at the bar. The bartenders were friendly and draught selection was great. They even gave us a taste test of several beers before we selected the blonde beers were the best for us. We tried 4 different wing recipes- Buffalo hot,teriyaki, Greek, and BBQ. After eating 6 of each we all decided that the Greek were the best. We had a wonderful conversation with Lisa G the owner. She is a wonderful friendly person who works hard to make her business successful. We loved this place so much we decided to return another night for dinner. We heard the burgers were incredible and they were right. Lisa G's is always busy because the food and service is great. Don't get frustrated- It is worth the wait. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Retired_teacher_56
Dallas, Texas
“Great place for the family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We went back a 2nd time because my kids really liked their pita pizza's and my husband and I loved their hot wings! The hot wings were served with amazing home made blue cheese dressing with big chunks of blue cheese! Yum! Just the way it should be!
Every person we came in contact with there was great and super friendly.
Other than the wings, my husband I never found anything we would order again. The lentil salad was really bland the first night so I tried the Greek salad the next and it fell short also. But we will still go back our next visit to lake placid Bc of the wings, service, atmosphere and most important, our kids liked it!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank momlindsay
Thousand Islands Ontario
“Ski trip for the fam!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My family (husband and two young adult men) stayed in Lake Placid for skiing and found this restaurant on trip advisor. Place is extremely busy, but worth the wait. Food was very tasty and fresh. Off the beaten track but was within walking distance from our accommodations. A good experience and would recommend the venue!

Visited December 2013

Been to Lisa G's? Share your experiences!