“Friendly Service, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lisa G's

Lisa G's
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Placid, NY
“Friendly Service, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The servers here are top notch; always smiling and ready to take your order. The menu is entertaining and quirky. The food is delicious, well prepared, and always hot. Good value for the money.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Seamusdog

“Great food if you want to wait.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I were on a weekend getaway and after seeing great reviews decided this was the place to eat! Went in waited for ten minutes in a completely full dining area. ( this was great) we got drinks waited ordered apps waited waited waited an hour never got our app. Then our dinner shows up. Good was amazing. We then waited some more and then the bill came, the app we never got was on it. Don't get me wrong food was amazing but it the service sucked.

• Visited November 2013
Saratoga s
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Favorite LP Spot for many years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We are privileged to come to Lake Placid at least once a month. You'd be hard pressed to find a better spot. Lisa has assembled a great group that will insure great service and wonderful food. It is the quintessential combination of a great local and tourist spot. Don't miss Lisa g's

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gay F
Vermont
“Great creative fare!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just got back from having dinner at Lisa G's and what a pleasant experience! We are vegetarians and the selection was the most creative and delicious we have come across in Lake Placid, NY (and just about anywhere else we have visited) for a non-vegetarian restaurant. My husband had a new dish they were trying out, the lentil shepherd's pie, and I had a regular menu item, the spaghetti with eggplant "meatballs." What a treat! The staff even asked us for our opinion on the lentil dish, something they were considering for a regular winter menu item, and he gave them honest feedback, which they truly appreciated. When was the last time a diner's opinion was asked by the staff? And not just the standard,, "How was everything?" We started with a salad and had a unique dressing, a creamy feta. Wonderful! The shepherd's pie had the lentils, roasted root veggies, and a whipped cauliflower topping with crispy beet chips, so for those who do not want gluten, this is a great dish. My spaghetti and eggplant balls were done to a turn, with just the right amount of basil, garlic, and olive oil. We both had a very nice Malbec wine to accompany the meal. No dessert as we were quite satiated. The restaurant is a pleasant half mile walk from the Hampton Inn, where we stayed, so no driving around at night in a strange or unfamiliar location. I highly recommend and would/will return in a heartbeat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Travelerreluctant
Fairport, New York
“Disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I became fans of Lisa G's last December when we came with family to watch Division I hockey. Tonight was our third visit within the year. We were seated at the bar enjoying cocktails when a gentleman sat down next to me. My wife and I looked at each other at the same time when we thought we smelled something foul. The patron who took a seat next to me had brought his dog in. The dog was passing gas. It drove us from the bar. We took our seat in the dinning area and voiced our complaint. The wait staff clearly didn't care citing that they are dog friendly on the patio during summer, however, it was cold outside so they allow people to bring their dogs into the bar area where food is also served. I am a dog lover too and have had my share of dogs, but they don't belong in a restaurant passing gas. My concern is staff petting dogs and handling my plates and beverages, especially when the waitress told us that Lisa G brings her dog in also on occasion. Needless to say we will no longer be patronizing Lisa G.'s any more !

Visited October 2013
Lisa G, Owner at Lisa G's, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
DAVID L.

I am very sorry to hear of your unfavorable experience when you last visited my restaurant. I understand your perspective. While allowing dogs in the bar area is not something we make a point of, it is something we allow only for those customer’s dogs we know are well behaved. Had, at the time you were sitting at the bar, we known of your discontent we would have asked that the dog be removed. It is of course our first priority to make sure that our visitors are comfortable and confident in my restaurant. Concerning the hygiene of the staff, I can assure you with all confidence that all members take it very seriously and would never jeopardize the integrity of your meal or health by not maintaining their personal cleanliness – dogs or no dogs. I am sorry you felt your concerns were not properly attended to by the staff as it has always been my main effort at Lisa G’s to be aware and responsive to our visitors. Thanks for your feedback.

-LG

Been to Lisa G's? Share your experiences!