“Great creative fare!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Vermont
“Great creative fare!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just got back from having dinner at Lisa G's and what a pleasant experience! We are vegetarians and the selection was the most creative and delicious we have come across in Lake Placid, NY (and just about anywhere else we have visited) for a non-vegetarian restaurant. My husband had a new dish they were trying out, the lentil shepherd's pie, and I had a regular menu item, the spaghetti with eggplant "meatballs." What a treat! The staff even asked us for our opinion on the lentil dish, something they were considering for a regular winter menu item, and he gave them honest feedback, which they truly appreciated. When was the last time a diner's opinion was asked by the staff? And not just the standard,, "How was everything?" We started with a salad and had a unique dressing, a creamy feta. Wonderful! The shepherd's pie had the lentils, roasted root veggies, and a whipped cauliflower topping with crispy beet chips, so for those who do not want gluten, this is a great dish. My spaghetti and eggplant balls were done to a turn, with just the right amount of basil, garlic, and olive oil. We both had a very nice Malbec wine to accompany the meal. No dessert as we were quite satiated. The restaurant is a pleasant half mile walk from the Hampton Inn, where we stayed, so no driving around at night in a strange or unfamiliar location. I highly recommend and would/will return in a heartbeat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Travelerreluctant

Fairport, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I became fans of Lisa G's last December when we came with family to watch Division I hockey. Tonight was our third visit within the year. We were seated at the bar enjoying cocktails when a gentleman sat down next to me. My wife and I looked at each other at the same time when we thought we smelled something foul. The patron who took a seat next to me had brought his dog in. The dog was passing gas. It drove us from the bar. We took our seat in the dinning area and voiced our complaint. The wait staff clearly didn't care citing that they are dog friendly on the patio during summer, however, it was cold outside so they allow people to bring their dogs into the bar area where food is also served. I am a dog lover too and have had my share of dogs, but they don't belong in a restaurant passing gas. My concern is staff petting dogs and handling my plates and beverages, especially when the waitress told us that Lisa G brings her dog in also on occasion. Needless to say we will no longer be patronizing Lisa G.'s any more !

Visited October 2013
Lisa G, Owner at Lisa G's, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
DAVID L.

I am very sorry to hear of your unfavorable experience when you last visited my restaurant. I understand your perspective. While allowing dogs in the bar area is not something we make a point of, it is something we allow only for those customer’s dogs we know are well behaved. Had, at the time you were sitting at the bar, we known of your discontent we would have asked that the dog be removed. It is of course our first priority to make sure that our visitors are comfortable and confident in my restaurant. Concerning the hygiene of the staff, I can assure you with all confidence that all members take it very seriously and would never jeopardize the integrity of your meal or health by not maintaining their personal cleanliness – dogs or no dogs. I am sorry you felt your concerns were not properly attended to by the staff as it has always been my main effort at Lisa G’s to be aware and responsive to our visitors. Thanks for your feedback.

-LG
Stittsville, Canada
“One of the best meals I have ever had!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn and the front desk staff recommended Lisa G's for supper. Are we ever glad we took her advice! Our dinner was awesome! We started with drinks - I had the Blueberry Lemonade, which even had real blueberries in it and my husband had the Limeade. For our mains, I had the Creole Mussels Frites - the mussels were fresh with a delicious sauce and the frites were to die for with a nice spicy kick. My husband had the daily special of Fried Chicken Thighs with macaroni and cheese and season veg. I've honestly never had better fried chicken - his portion was huge so I was able to taste it as well. Our server was friendly and checked back with us often. If we ever make it back to Lake Placid, we will be going back to Lisa G's!

Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Good food but service could be faster”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate there with our toddler on a Saturday night. We arrived early to avoid the crowd. Despite that, we waited over 30 minutes to be served our main course, and we did not even have starters. We needed to request bread as it wasn't provided to us after 30 minutes. The food is very good, a tad spicy for my liking. Would recommend for the food, but not to a family with an hungry kid to feed quickly. Our waitress was extra sweet to our child, which is worth mentioning.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“Incredible Ice Cream Sandwich”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Let's start with dessert. The Ice Cream Sandwich was huge - two delicious, large, home-made chocolate chip cookies with a thick layer of ice cream - enough for two to share. Other than that, an eclectic menu, running from pizza to vegetarian dishes. Haddock had more than enough batter, but the fish was moist and accompanying greens and sweet potatoes were good. Eggplant "meatballs" over spaghetti was an interesting vegetarian choice - could have used more eggplant in the balls, which resembled falafel more than eggplant. Very enthusiastic service. Extensive choices of craft beers on tap.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Lisa G's? Share your experiences!