“Nice Italian Restaurant”
Review of Jimmy's 21

Jimmy's 21
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food & view were excellent. We had a table on the lower floor, right in front of the window, so we watched the snow blowing over the frozen Mirror Lake.

The food was delicious. I had angel hair & shrimp with garlic & oil. It could have used a little more oil, but it was still delicious. My husband had the veal marsala. The meat was tender and the sauce was to die for.

There are newer reviews for Jimmy's 21

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food was excellent. We had the veal parm and filet mignon. Both well prepared-asked for medium rare and got medium rare. The veal was tender, good sauce, good portions. The bread was very good, light, warm (and not warmed up, definitely fresh), salads were standard. The service was also excellent and our view was perfect as we were seated at the table overlooking the lake. One thing-vey pretty view looking out! It was absolutely beautiful looking around the lake esp. with the time of year and the Christmas lights. Looking down to the deck below was not pretty but really if there was any amount of snow, it would look perfect. Our one big problem were the bathrooms. They are located down a very steep staircase and are really useful but not too pretty, at all! The big problem is their downstairs location. My Mom can still get around but for her or other older people or anyone with ambulation issues, there was no way good way to get down there. They are not good stairs by any standard really. It's too bad as everyone was really helpful and attentive but that was an issue for us and may be for others

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Made reservations for a Saturday night and had to wait for our table for a bit. The waiter who greeted us was clearly more concerned about other stuff. When he seated us he never waited to bring us to the table just went up and dropped off menus. The waiter was apathetic about waiting on us. He couldn't remember our order when he brought it yo the table...there was only two of us. The food was worth it the service isn't so much that it is bad its just blah. No real desire to make you feel welcome or to make you want to enjoy the dining experience.

2  Thank ADKtraveller
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant twice. Both times I found the food to be very tasty, but service so-so. In the end, the delicious cannoli and amazing views (had a window seat) make up for the lack of refinement when it came to the wait staff. Go there because its the best Italian food for your buck, but don't expect the best service.

1  Thank Pbriccotto
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My boyfriend, 7 yr old daughter and I went here for an early dinner on a Sat evening. Getting there early payed off, we were seated by the large window over looking Mirror Lake--even though is was snowing and the visibility was nil it was still beautiful! We tried to order an appetizer but they were not willing to modify for our taste so we just ordered dinner. My boyfriend had the Chicken Parm, my daughter had cheese ravioli and I created my own pasta dish: linguini, vodka sauce and shrimp. The food was delicious! The vodka sauce was out of this world! The service was unfortunately so-so, it really would have been the total package if the waiter had some knowledge of the menu and was the least bit attentive. Bottom Line: We'd come here again.