“Enjoyed”
Review of Jimmy's 21

Jimmy's 21
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Stittsville
“Enjoyed”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were in Lake Placid for our wedding anniversary last week. We ate at Chair 6 for that celebration (I reviewed it as well). Should have gone to Jimmy's. You definitely need reservations on the weekend. We still had to wait almost 20 minutes for our table even though we had a reservation but it was worth it.(Saturday night) It's a busy place but it still managed to have a nice atmosphere once you sat down. They have huge windows looking out over the lake. Great view. Service was excellent. You are served fresh bake bread and it's delicious.

I had onion soup which was good. My husband had clam chowder which he enjoyed. He also had lasagna and said it was the best he'd ever had. I had fettuccine primavera in vodka sauce and ate the whole thing. Jimmy stopped by our table twice to make sure everything was okay.

We each had soup, a glass of house wine with main course and the bill came to about $60. We thought there had been a mistake and they had missed charging us for something!

We will go back there again.

Sugar Land, Texas
“$11 for a coke and a seltzer? Really??”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've eaten at Jimmy's for years when we've brought our daughter to camp. The kids ate here on their days in town, too. The food is good, prices are in line with Lake Placid, which is to say that it's a tourist town. It's one of the few places where you can eat, get a view of the lake and know that you'll end up with a decent meal.
We were passing through town and decided to stop for dinner. The waiter was quite busy, he was in the weeds most of the meal, and had little help from other staff. We reset our table, lit our own oil lamp, and we were fine. I had a seltzer, my daughter had a coke. They were served in plastic glasses, which we thought was a bit odd. The bill was even odder! $5.50 for each drink! When I asked the waiter about it, he haughtily informed me that we had "two" each. I laughed - what restaurant in these times doesn't refill a soda and seltzer? He rolled his eyes and stalked off with our check.
Did it affect his tip? Yes, it did - but only for attitude. Go to Jimmy's for the view - just order water!

Syracuse,NY
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Jimmy's offers great Italian food, a comfortable setting, amazing & very attentive staff. My husband and I have eaten there for the past two nights and we will go there again when we return to Lake Placid. Tonight we both had shrimp cocktail (very large shrimp), chicken vegetable soup, side salads with Italian dressing and pasta dishes - I had capellini with a meat sauce with meat balls and he had fettuccine with fra diavlo sauce and meat balls. Yes we over ate, yes we stuffed ourselves and yes we would both do it all over again. The meals also came with Italian bread and a seasoned dipping oil - very yummy too!

Binghamton, NY
“Italian dining with a view”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had the Veal a la Jimmy's while my wife had the Chicken Saltimbocca. Both came with a side of thin spaghetti (capellini?) in marinara sauce. Very nice preparations with great flavor. Entrees were preceded by a serving of crusty bread and a garlic and olive oil dip.

Friendly staff, efficient service. If you get a window seat, you have a great view of Mirror Lake while you dine. A recording of an Italian tenor played in the background. Like dining with Tony Soprano in the Adirondacks. :-o

• Visited September 2012
Dedham, Massachusetts
“nice italian restaurant on mirror lake”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

nice italian meal at jimmy's 21, the restaurant was right on mirror lake on main street. the service was excellent and the atmosphere was very quaint. The food was very good, with nice portion sizes.

Visited September 2012