“20 bucks for a burrito?”
Review of The Cowboy - CLOSED

The Cowboy
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A casual local establishment with a Tavern style atmosphere serving a fusion of global food. We cater to large parties and private functions as well as our window view dining area. We feature weekend brunch and lunch, dinner and cater to special occasions. Enjoy a cocktail and dinner at our wrap around bar and during the warmer months take advantage of our spacious deck. We welcome families with children.We now offer on-site and off-site catering as well as take out.
moon river
“20 bucks for a burrito?”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

jaw dropping price for a burrito.... but on the plus side, it was big enough to split between two people which is what we did. For a family of four, we found the prices to be a bit pricey. But perfectly serviceable burgers and they do offer a kids menu for 8 bucks which wasn't too bady

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank MoonRiverRoundhead

Hollywood, Florida
“Good ecclectic eats”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

small place in the back of a bakery shop....woukd never know it was there if not for the colorful sign on the street. decor is more raftaferian than cowboy but had a good vibe. friendly service and shrimp gritters were awesome! interesting flavors and plenty of food. the coconut rice was bland but the spices in the other sauces made up for it. best part was the local falconry guy who came in for dinner and showed us his owls and hawk.

• Visited February 2012
hopewell junction
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Cowboy - not caribbean ... Yummy”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I loved the restuarant. I do agree the menu is a little over priced but the food was delicious. We had the black bean and shrimp fritters which was great and included a zesty coleslaw. My entree was the pork loin with greens (asparagus) and hash. It was SUPERB the sauce was sooo tasty and the pork loin was cooked to perfection. My husband enjoyed his chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries. He thought they were okay ... he enjoyed his UBU beer more. the lemon coconut cheesecake was a little too lemony but the raspberry syrup sweetned it.

Visited February 2012
Jay, New York
“Too much money for a mediocre meal”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Really enjoyed the environment the restaurant had. 1st time going, had the cowboy burger. Found the taste of their food to be overwhelming. Couldn't finish my burger. I didn't have the waitress comp my meal but after I told the waitress I didn't care for the food she gave me attitude in which the whole table noticed. I think the restaurant has potential but the wait staff I received was horrible and the taste of the food is "unique" to put it politely. I myself won't be going back. Too pricey for what you get. oh and the margarita's are very small.

• Visited February 2012
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
“The Cowboy”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This review is for "The Cowboy" sister establishment of The Caribbean Cowboy, and the newer of the two. Let me be clear...this is probably the worse dining experience I have had in a long long time. I cannot think of the last time I wrote a less than average review, let alone a bad one. You don't have to trust me, just read the rest of my reviews.

Despite a name the implies a certain ambiance, a few cactus plants doesn't stop this place from looking like a convert from a recently foreclosed home.

Though our waitress was quite friendly she was equally clueless and inattentive. Though she did seem to pay close attention to her friends at the corner table.

After having a great dinner last night, we found The Cowboy's menu overpriced and uninspiring. I was confused at the randomness of the entree options and the attempt to infuse gourmet into what seems to be generally Tex-Mex. The butternut squash soup was way too spicy so much so that none of the 3 of us that ordered it could finish it (and one gave here's away). I had french onion soup that had zero broth/soup. The reviews on the cowboy burger were mixed but my caesar salad was good. None of us had desert as by then all were looking for the door to head down the road to someplace else that we knew was good.

If you are in Lake Placid for a getaway like us, dinner at The Cowboy is a mistake. This town offers so many good options that going off the main drag to get here is unnecessary.