“great food in lake Placid”
Review of Desperados

Desperados
Ranked #64 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
lake placid
“great food in lake Placid”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

have to go along way to beat the food and drinks and Hospitably in lake Placid fun dont bring the cell phone which is great and have the blue Margaritas

• Visited January 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“I was ready to eat my napkin...”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We heard decent things about this place, so we gave it a go. The food was mostly terrible, and the serving sizes were pitiful. My crab enchilada was actually delicious, but it was so small that I was done eating it within minutes, and was still starving. The steak salad came with pretty crummy steak. The dishes were all either terrible or terribly small. Our waiter was not nice and hardly ever came to the table. The "hot" sauces weren't that hot. The weird Irish-Mexican theme was an eyesore and made no sense.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Briteedubs
Stillwater, New Jersey
“Mexiquin food at its finest”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife will gladley drop everything and drive five hours to enjoy one of Mikes Margaritas and the wonderfull food that comes from the kitchen. The always gracious owners and staff make you feel like family. Run don't walk to this establishment and you will leave full and happy both in the stomach and the heart.

• Visited October 2012
Logan, Utah
“Recently Had a Bad Experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had been here before but recently went and sat at the bar with a friend. We wanted just snacks and margaritas, but the prices are a little steep for things like nachos, etc. The chips with salsa were very good though, particularly the flour chips. My margarita was good, so was my friend's Irish margarita. However our food came to us cold--another reviewer said their food seemed like it sat under a heat lamp for too long, perhaps that was what happened. Our wings were lackluster, the BBQ sauce was obviously straight from a food supplier, nothing special added to it. I would have sent back the cold Mexi-quinn crisp but the bartender seemed busy with something and disappeared for a while (it was the middle of the afternoon, maybe she was helping with prep or something) so we just sucked it up and ate what we could. I did like the unique hot sauce selection. The previous time I visited the food seemed better, but the prices have always been very steep for simple mexican food. The kitchen just needs to step it up a little to match the prices (however, I do appreciate that they are a cell-phone free restaurant, thank goodness). I might go back sometime and try again but not for a while.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CamilleInTheWoods
Kentucky
“Someone Call Robert Irvine”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place not only has the worst Mexican food we have ever had, it has the worst food we have ever had. The service was mediocre. The decor was old, dirty, and tired. Our empanadas came to the table still frozen on the inside. We ordered the tamales and they were completely inedible. We spent $60 for 2 adults and one child (including 2 margaritas). It was the biggest waste of money we have ever spent. With so many other really great establishements in Lake Placid avoid this one.

• Visited January 2013