“Worth Every Penny”

The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In our 16th year as Lake Placid's premiere wine bar with award winning wines paired with an eclectic French American fare in a quaint, romantic and Art Gallery setting over looking Mirror Lake or have a bite and a glass of wine in our Bar and lounge- serving both Lunch and in between cafe menu and Dinner everyday.
Reviewed May 28, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Brown Dog. Other than the 20 minute wait for a table to become available, we had a very enjoyable culinary experience. The service was impeccable, the food was wonderful and the wine selection was quite impressive. We shall return again in the very near future. Be sure to make reservations.

There are newer reviews for The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar

Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stumbled in this Cafe after walking past the night before and literally drooling at the scents wafting out. We ate dinner here and it was unbelievable. The portions are generous and the flavors delectable! I had the NY Strip, cooked to perfection and the cracked pepper mashed potatoes were heaven. My husband had the 4 cheese Mac and it was so rich!
Can I also mention the wine was da-'vin'! The service was fantastic as well, I 1000% recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 4, 2010

The restaurant ambiance, service and food were absolutely outstanding. Scallops were amazing, and finally a place with nice, reasonable portions (we're Canadian on top of that). The service was great, the staff knew their wine. We totally recommend it!
CA & Rob

Reviewed March 3, 2010

My family and I visited Lake Placid in January. We had lunch at the BD and my husband and I really enjoyed the fresh tasty food. The staff was great with my kids. My girls still talk about them. We made reservations for diner and it was fantastic and fun also. Their dining room is small so be sure to call to get dinner reservations. Great food Great Staff and wonderful food.

1  Thank cruz775
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Strike the WIne Bar from this place or maybe a more apt description since you can not even order a piece of cheese. I pictured a nice cold winter night, wolf moon, wine and cheese at the bar. I was informed I needed a reservation. I am sending them a box of Velvetta!
January 2010
- RWB

moogalah, Owner at The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2010

We felt so bad after reading your review of us.It wasn't really a review.It was how we were too busy, for you to get a table. For that I am so sorry. We only have 8 tables in The Brown Dog and each table we take time and care with. We don't need any Velvetta, that was just nasty and hurtful. We work very hard for each customer to have a beautiful dinner. I am sorry you couldn't experience that with us.