“Easter weekend, Lake placid” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar - CLOSED

The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In our 16th year as Lake Placid's premiere wine bar with award winning wines paired with an eclectic French American fare in a quaint, romantic and Art Gallery setting over looking Mirror Lake or have a bite and a glass of wine in our Bar and lounge- serving both Lunch and in between cafe menu and Dinner everyday.
Montreal
“Easter weekend, Lake placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

The restaurant ambiance, service and food were absolutely outstanding. Scallops were amazing, and finally a place with nice, reasonable portions (we're Canadian on top of that). The service was great, the staff knew their wine. We totally recommend it!
CA & Rob

cruz775
“So fun and wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

My family and I visited Lake Placid in January. We had lunch at the BD and my husband and I really enjoyed the fresh tasty food. The staff was great with my kids. My girls still talk about them. We made reservations for diner and it was fantastic and fun also. Their dining room is small so be sure to call to get dinner reservations. Great food Great Staff and wonderful food.

1 Thank cruz775
Allenhurst, NJ
“Poor Service, Rude Disinterested Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Strike the WIne Bar from this place or maybe a more apt description since you can not even order a piece of cheese. I pictured a nice cold winter night, wolf moon, wine and cheese at the bar. I was informed I needed a reservation. I am sending them a box of Velvetta!
January 2010
- RWB

• 1 of 5 bubbles
moogalah, Owner at The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this review, February 13, 2010
We felt so bad after reading your review of us.It wasn't really a review.It was how we were too busy, for you to get a table. For that I am so sorry. We only have 8 tables in The Brown Dog and each table we take time and care with. We don't need any Velvetta, that was just nasty and hurtful. We work very hard for each customer to have a beautiful dinner. I am sorry you couldn't experience that with us.
New York City
“Amazing place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Lake Placid last March. My friend recommended we try the Brown Dog Cafe while we were there. We couldn't believe how amazing our food was! My boyfriend is extremely hard to impress when it comes to a good meal and he said it was the best restaurant he had ever been to! The owner even gave us two glasses of complimentary wine!! I have never been to a restaurant that has done that. If you're in Lake Placid Brown Dog is without a doubt worth checking out! Love it!!

lake placid
“Our Favorite In Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

We are lucky enough to live in Lake Placid. We dine at The Brown Dog at least twice a month for OUR night out, once a week for lunch.
The portions are Large- Therefor, We feel a great value for the money. The sandwiches are HUGE, the soups,you can tell are homemade & everything is consistently fresh.
Every Dinner is out of this world, my husband always has the 10oz Fillet, I love the seafood. We have never walked away Hungry or Dis-Satisfied

2 Thank Tivvymiss1