“Lunch in Lake Placid at the Brown Dog”
Review of The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar - CLOSED

The Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In our 16th year as Lake Placid's premiere wine bar with award winning wines paired with an eclectic French American fare in a quaint, romantic and Art Gallery setting over looking Mirror Lake or have a bite and a glass of wine in our Bar and lounge- serving both Lunch and in between cafe menu and Dinner everyday.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited the Brown Dog Deli many times when it was in a different location on Main Street. The cafe has moved to another location and is quite nice. The menu is unique offering a variety of entrees. I selected the Lobster Club Sandwich. I asked them to leave off the bacon.It came with some salad greens and yummy french fries. The lobster was tender and very good. However, the roll it came on was not a good choice.It was fresh and very tasty but didn't compliment the lobster. It would have been better on a baguette or simply bread. The roll was just too heavy.I also had some dessert, Fuji Apple Tart served in a cast iron pan hot and tasty with ice cream. It was dessert enough for 3 people!!! Perhaps a smaller portion should be offered on the menu.The wine was divine!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

When we walking in town I noticed a cozy wine bar. Then some international tourists inquired to us of Brown Dog Cafe as they heard it was great. To my luck it was the place I saw earlier...we ducked in to thaw out a bit after walking in town and by frozen lake in the falling snow (so pretty!) We pulled up to the expansive bar and were treated to olives and nuts to snack on. One of our bartenders didn't really know port wine that well, so her coworker stepped in and offered us samples of the wine that interested us. We chatted with other friendly folks at the bar and enjoyed what was suggested to us. Many people were coming in for dinner. The space was large and overlooked the lake. The menu looked interesting, but we had rez somewhere else that evening...when we go back, we would go back to The Brown Dog...it seems like a loyal and friendly place!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Restaurant was recommended by hotel we stayed at. Walked by late at night when we arrived and thought it was going to be a small wine bar. When walked in the next night, surprised at the cozy atmosphere of the dining room and the lovely big views of the lake. Service and food was very good. When we return to Lake Placid, will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. As soon as we told the hostess it was our anniversary, each staff member we encountered mentioned it to us. This is the fourth time we have dined there and we have always enjoyed it. I had the diver scallops which were excellent. My husband had the filet mignon and he loved that too. We finished by sharing the flourless chocolate cake and coffee - both were great. We appreciate being treated so well and having delicious food and a wonderful view. We'll see you again!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good ploy. Came in for the $3 happy hour beer, stayed for dinner. And they only charged us $3 for subsequent beers that we had with dinner.
The dinning room has a great view of Mirror Lake. I had the duck quesadilla. It was good but I could not tell that it was duck. It came with plenty of garnishes. My husband had the sushi grade tuna and he like it.