“Perfect dinner at the Veranda”
Review of Veranda Restaurant - CLOSED

Veranda Restaurant
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We enjoyed a dinner on the outdoor patio of the Veranda restaurant, and it was a great experience. It's always better to have a meal outdoors, and this location is perfect, with the view of the lake, and the covered patio. I would recommend the lobster vol-au-vent, and the bouillabaisse. The service was great. Prices are reasonable, and it's casual so you are ok with wearing shorts. I can't think of anything that could have been improved upon, so it's 5-stars. The only regret is we decided to go to town for dessert. We should have had that at the Veranda too.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Is located next to the Crowne Plaza resort and worth a visit with gourmet food and excellent service. My hubby had the grilled salmon which was delicious.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Two years ago my wife and I celebrated our engagement in Lake Placid and had dinner at Veranda restaurant. We came back to LP again this past weekend, and once again dined at Veranda Restaurant. We even ordered the exact same meal that we did two years ago (split the almond crusted shrimp, caesar salad and filet for each of us). Unlike last time where we dined by the fireplace, this time we ate out on the deck overlooking the lake/mountains. The view alone is worth a trip to this restaurant, but fortunately the food doesn't disappoint either.

While not foodies, we very much enjoy a good meal and always look forward to finding the best local restaurants when we go on vacation. We're considering staying an extra day in lake Placid next time we go, if for no other reason than being able to have dinner at Veranda one night and trying something new the next night (b/c at this point a trip to LP wouldn't be complete without at least one dinner at Veranda!)

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great restaurant with amazing food and views. We sat on the veranda and the view was amazing. I was expecting a relaxing dinner enjoying the wonderful view. We sat down and within seconds we were asked if we were ready to order. I asked for a wine list and asked for a few minutes to read the menu. A few minutes later the waiter was back asking if we were ready to order. We ordered appetizer entree and dessert. You no sooner took your last bite and the dishes were taken and the next course arrived. My husband finished his entree and they took his plate and almost lifted mine. I was still eating. While I was still chewing the last bite of my dessert my plate was taken and the check arrived. I tried not to rush but if I had allowed them hurry me we arrived at 6:00 and we would have been out of there by 7:00. It did not have a fine dining feel. I have felt less rushed at fast food outlets. The food and views are worth dining here just don't allow them to rush you. Eat slow and enjoy the food and the view.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

With reservations, we waited an extra 15-20 mins for our table. That was ok because we wanted to eat on the Veranda - go figure :) But once seated, we were not given a drink or wine list, and the server seemed pretty clueless about what was available at the bar. After he came back and said the bar didn't make mojitos, I said I'd like water. Good thing I ordered water or else 35 minutes later, I would have been sitting with nothing in front of me (and one of our glasses was empty.) The servers were all snoddy, but running around hot and sweaty with no poise. The restaurant was - literally - half full. The chilled soup we ordered for appetizer could have easily been brought out in less than 35 minutes. No bread service, either. The menu was fairly limited. The place just seemed understaffed and poorly managed - it's convenient to the Crowne Plaza, but do yourself a favor and take the extra 3 minutes to walk down the hill to Main St. where you'll find much better - and more reasonably priced - options.

1  Thank TravelGrlCT